X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Vortex discount is for law enforcement to. It's 40% off their websites msrp which ends up being about 10% off retail.

Comment

• CupOfJoe90
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

Excellent point about Experticity. For some products, I can still find better prices elsewhere. But, your call on the viper pst gen ii was dead right. Significantly lower cost.

Comment

• jcjarmon
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2016

I have built a couple of SBR with 16 inch BCA barrels cut down to 10.5 inches. They work pretty well, still accurate, just loose a lot of muzzle speed with 123 grain rounds. 90 grain works better. I can get you the barrel at cost, just let me know.

Comment

• CupOfJoe90
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by jcjarmon View Post
          I have built a couple of SBR with 16 inch BCA barrels cut down to 10.5 inches. They work pretty well, still accurate, just loose a lot of muzzle speed with 123 grain rounds. 90 grain works better. I can get you the barrel at cost, just let me know.
          Thank you for the gracious offer! I actually doubled down and sprung for the box deal from Cory over in the buy/sell/trade forum. Should be shipping in the next few days. Which means, all I need to get for this to be a ready to roll build kit is a stripped upper receiver. I'd be interested in seeing what sort of muzzle velocity folks are getting out of their lilja 11.5"ers, so I can start calculating out rounds to test. I was 99% sold (as in, had it in my cart ready to order 200 rounds) on the Hornady 6.5 ELD-M, when I started seeing rumblings that it wasn't doing very well on hogs. I've now been looking pretty hard at the Hornady SST 123gn loads (Hornady Custom #8152) for hunting as they are priced relatively well, and about 200 rounds would get me enough brass to justify picking up the dies to start loading in this caliber.

And i'm pretty much sold on the Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32, I just wish there were more reviews. I've found some concerning reviews on the higher magnification version (5-25 I believe) where folks are on their third and fourth scopes after issues. Those of you using this optic, any regrets?

Comment

Working...
          X