• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smbob
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2017

Newbie Saying Hello

My name is Robert. I'm new to the 6.5 Grendel, but not new to firearms. I have been shooting, hunting, and reloading for over 45 years. I got into AR's in the last 3 years. I have a 223 Wylde, 300 Blackout, and as of a couple of hours ago, a 6.5 Grendel. I really became intrigued with this caliber recently. Looks like it can pretty much do it all from varmints to big game. I don't plan on hunting elk or any larger animals, so I think it will work fine for deer, hogs, yotes, and other varmints. My lower is an already black anodized 80% that I finished myself. The upper is a Bear Creek Arsenal with a 18" heavy barrel and a lightweight Keymod handguard. I had a Vortex Viper 4-16X44mm HS scope that I had on one of my other rifles than I moved over to this one. I picked up a set of Lee dies and 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle Speer 90gr TNT ammo. I wanted to just get some Hornady brass and load my own, but Midsouth sold out of the 100 piece packages the day before I tried to order some. This will have to do for now. I hope I can get to the range this weekend to give it a go. I really like the forum you guys have here. Lots of great info and some nice people too!
    I look forward to posting and conversing with everyone here.

Robert

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Robert, great looking rifle. Be sure to let us know how it shoots!

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Robert. You will really like the versatility of the Grendel.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Hey Robert! My name is Robert! Great name of you ask me =P Nice looking rig you have there! You are going to love shooting and reloading for the Grendel. Just ask all my other neglected uppers/rifles sitting in the safe!

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome, Robert!

Comment

Working...
          X