• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keef
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

My grendel says hi.

Hello,
    I'm a hunter/outdoor person. Just built my first ar15. Bearcreek contour barrel 16" and Anderson lower. So far I've just sighted it in with a 25yrd offset target and shot a few at 60yrds. Looks like its going to be good gun/round. Looking forward to hunting with it this year, it is replacing a SKS as my main rifle. Going to take it to one of the fields this week and work my way out to 500yrds.

It is scoped with a Leupold VX6 3-18x.

Keef
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Welcome!! Sounds like it will be a fun rig! You should be able to stretch it out with decent ammo quite easily with all that glass!

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Welcome!

That should be a big step up from the sks

If you use hornady ammo. Print out the ballistics chart from their site. I was amazed how close it was for my 16" guns out to 500. Beyond that it was as close.
      Last edited by rabiddawg; 06-28-2017, 07:28 PM.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Keef!

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Welcome to the Horde, Keef. Just so's ya knows - The Horde demands its quota of gun pr0n, so post any pictures you have of that Grendel. As has been said in the past, "Without pictures, it never happened."
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Keef. I think you will be very pleased with the way the Grendel cartridge performs.

Comment

• Keef
              Warrior
              • Jun 2017

I'm trying but file size is too big. The other forum I use resizes them for me. I think I'm going to have to fire up the desktop to be able to resize. I usually am on a phone or tablet.

Comment

Working...
              X