Les Baer says his ar15 Grendel cannot handle a suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 454bore
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Been using my liberty mystic on a BHW 16 inch 264LBC and it shoots sub MOA.
    It's my go to suppressed rifle when I'm not shooting the 300BLK.
    Haven't had any problems.

Comment

• saturn
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

I have 3 GEMTECH cans. The biggest one "The One", works on everything up to 300 WinMag. Have run it on an AUG, 308 DPMS, 300 SAUM DPMS, R15, 7.62x39 AR, 300 BO AR, 300 winmag R1, Kimber 6.5 CM, LWRC 223 (piston) ---- it just works, no adjusting anything. Can't imagine anything unique about a LB Grendel. IMHO it's CYA or "not invented here" at work. My AA Grendel upper arrives soon and will get this can strapped on immediately. Somehow I think it will work just fine.

Comment

• johnhefley
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2014

My take, having spoken with Les a time or two: Les doesn't want you dicking around with his guns. They're perfect the way he made them.

Frankly, I don't blame him. These are premium AR's, and his actual NAME is on them. Just one man's opinion...
        jh

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by johnhefley View Post
          My take, having spoken with Les a time or two: Les doesn't want you dicking around with his guns. They're perfect the way he made them.

Frankly, I don't blame him. These are premium AR's, and his actual NAME is on them. Just one man's opinion...
          jh
          I've come across this attitude before in the firearms industry. The gun is LB's only until he's paid in full, then it becomes the exclusive property of the customer. Personally I detest brand owners putting their monikers on parts and then thinking brand equity remains with the gun once sold. Just put the suppressor on the gun and enjoy.

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

Agree. I am all for pride in one's product, but there are reasonable limits. After I purchase, the product is mine. To use as I need or see fit. If I ask the maker a technical question based on my specific intended use, I expect a reasonable answer on a technical basis. This is simply stupid pride and a bit of CYA from a guy that intentionally circumvented Adams licensing! Really rubs me the wrong way and I won't buy any of this stuff having heard this is his mindset. Anyone is free to buy whatever they want with their dollars.

Comment

• 10esmus
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Timmy2Knives View Post
              After I purchase, the product is mine. To use as I need or see fit.
              That point goes both ways -- people are free to do what they want with a product, but the manufacturer should only be responsible for the product he delivered.

We pay top end manufacturers the money because they spent time and money on the details, then we want to short circuit those details and expect the manufacturer to remedy our second guessing of their efforts?

Comment

Working...
              X