• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txquadhunter
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

Howdy from Texas

i finally joined after lurking the past few days. I'm building my first 6.5G as an alternative to my AR 308 for hunting

This is my parts list so far,

ballistic advantage 18" ordered
    ballistic advantage Bolt ordered
    Aero Percision upper
    Aero Percision Texas lower.

now learn and build out the rest from the Pro's on the 6.5g site
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Txquadhunter, let us know how your new BA barrel shoots!

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan! What part of the Great Nation of Texas are you in? There are a lot of us around the greater Dallas area.

Comment

• Txquadhunter
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

Thanks y'all, I'm looking forward to learning about 6.5G.

I'm in the DFW area, Southeast Collin county.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Txquadhunter from Fannin County!

Comment

• Troutguide
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

I bet you love the grrr more than the 308 after you shoot it. Welcome to the club.
            "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. How do you plan to carry the rifle when riding quads (I'm assuming by your handle)?

6.5 Grendel ruined .308 for me personally. It also ruined my long friendship with .270 Winchester, so that the .270 sits on the shelf now collecting dust. .270 Win smokes the Grendel energy-wise, but the rifle size, weight, and recoil penalties aren't worth it for me most of the time. I grew up shooting .270 Win as my primary center fire rifle, and always had a strong affinity for its flat shooting, water jug vaporizing effects.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Txquadhunter
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Welcome aboard. How do you plan to carry the rifle when riding quads (I'm assuming by your handle)?

6.5 Grendel ruined .308 for me personally. It also ruined my long friendship with .270 Winchester, so that the .270 sits on the shelf now collecting dust. .270 Win smokes the Grendel energy-wise, but the rifle size, weight, and recoil penalties aren't worth it for me most of the time. I grew up shooting .270 Win as my primary center fire rifle, and always had a strong affinity for its flat shooting, water jug vaporizing effects.
                The Quad in my Handle stands for quadriplegic, I'm a disabled, But i don't it slow me down with the activities i enjoy.

Thanks y'all, I'm looking forward to finishing my build, So i can see how 'm going to like the 6.5 too

Comment

Working...
                X