X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrywick4
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Scratch the 29.7. . . I loaded up some to verify and I think I was off and it was the 30.0 that shot good. Will have to do some more testing when it cools down. Am glad I didn't load a bunch up, they shoot MOA but not tight like I would like them.

Originally posted by terrywick4 View Post
    mine liked 29.7 gr in my 18" BHW barrel.

Comment

• xlcc
      Warrior
      • Feb 2016

This morning I did more testing of the 31 gr. load at lengths .005 deeper each group trying to find a happy spot.In the end I went with 30 grs. of 8208 ,a Rem 7 1/2 primer and a 100 gr. AMax bullet seated to a COL of 2.245" @ 2780fps.I get nice round 3/4" groups.Now to load up a bunch to shoot and get to know my pipe a little better.

Comment

• DDRanch
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Are you guys measuring how far off of the lands or OAL? Curious as to how much jump these bullets like.

Comment

• xlcc
          Warrior
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by DDRanch View Post
          Are you guys measuring how far off of the lands or OAL? Curious as to how much jump these bullets like.
          On my rifle I set the bullet in the case to where it was just touching the lands but there was not very much grip on the bullet so I seated it deeper in the case.I tried seating the bullet .005 deeper using 3 shot groups and ended up at that length because that is where my rifle preferred.

Comment

Working...
          X