• LWP
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2017

Thanks Lastrites for your input

Comment

• LWP
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

Found one more to think about? http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm...ategory_ID=653

Comment

• LWP
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2017

Hey Lastrites I do like that muzzle brake VG6 Precision Gamma 65 looks nice, Thanks

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I'd pass on the Model 1 Sales if I were buying, barrel is 1:9 twist and Model 1 has had issues in the past, basically rack grade barrel with variant chamber. I'd put an upper together myself before buying that upper.

If you look at the drop down menus there are a lot of upcharges and makes this upper much to expensive for what your getting. I'd buy another J&T Distributing/Double Star if I was going to get a 1:9 twist barrel at least J&T uses SAAMI spec barrels.
          Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-07-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• LWP
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

Thanks VASCAR2, I think it's boiling down to two to choose from https://www.dsarms.com/p-16633-dsa-a...ss-barrel.aspx http://www.opticsplanet.com/odin-wor...ver-ybasr.html 20" with KeyMod

Comment

• Lastrites
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

LWP your links above seem to be not working, the DSarms 20" complete upper for $600 is a solid choice when you consider that Odin sells the barrel, gas block and bcg for about $400 with the difference being a nice hand guard, gas tube and upper receiver. That should easily reach out beyond 1000 yards with decent glass. The only thing on it that I would consider replacing from the get go would be the muzzle device. I found a deal on the new generation Griffin flash comp that should be delivered by the end of the week, really curious with how it will perform, we shall see.

I believe this is one you were looking at above.
              DS Arms is a quality firearms manufacturer specializing in the FAL Rifle, AR15 Rifle and RPD Rifle and latest parts & accessories

Comment

• LWP
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2017

Yes you are correct Lastrites that's the one with a DSA receiver. Not sure why the other ones that I posted would not click on and go to for you. This is another promising one from Optics Planet.ODIN Works ODW-URC-CUR-CU-BL-15-KM-20-6-5-R-ADJ-GB: Billet Complete upper Receiver 15.5in KMod 6.5 Grendel 20in Rifle, Black/Stainless Steel, Complete Upper. http://www.opticsplanet.com/odin-wor...ver-ybasr.html

Comment

• LWP
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2017

I'll have to wait until the next 15% off (or more) comes back before I buy.

Comment

• Lastrites
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

Easy choice for me bwtn those two as they are basically the same but one is $300 more dollars and each using the same heart of the upper being the Odin barrel. I'd shell out for the DSA/Odin combo and have enough coin left over for ammo or buying into some reloading equipment.

Comment

• just_john
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2012

Vascar - I have built two Grendels with Model1 barrels and both proved to be excellent shooters. The first was a 24" SS just like the one in the link and was the first Grendel that I built. Shot 3/8" groups all day long with 123AMAX at 100yds. Just recently parted with it. To your statementm I am now just getting 8" or 7:1's for my builds but had no complaints about M1S.

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

For what its worth ive been MORE than happy with my 16" Odin barrel/BCG kit. Well made, and functions perfectly.

Ive sold a couple of the 20" barrels to customers than have been extremely happy with them.

Comment

• LWP
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jun 2017

Thanks Guys I appreciate any and all comments about which complete upper to buy.

Comment

Working...
                          X