• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24

Has anyone bought or used the Vortex 2017 1-8x power Strike Eagle?

Interested in opinions on glass quality and utility of the reticle for Grendel.
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

I have the 1-6 and love it. Good glass. I put it on my 16" Faxon group buy build and use it for hogs and deer. I have not got a chance to see how it works at night yet but so far I love it. I considered waiting on the 1-8 but decided th cost was too much more for the little bit more magnification.

Comment

• ActionDiver
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Redomen View Post
      I have the 1-6 and love it. Good glass. I put it on my 16" Faxon group buy build and use it for hogs and deer. I have not got a chance to see how it works at night yet but so far I love it. I considered waiting on the 1-8 but decided th cost was too much more for the little bit more magnification.
      How far have you shot with this optic? Do you have a base/rings that have built in MOA elevation?

I ask because I am eyeing the Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 Riflescope w/ EBR-4 Ret. (MRAD, FFP) and it lists 26 MRAD of total adjustment for elevation, so 13 up and 13 down. I want to know how far out I can expect to adjust for dead holds with a regular base and those with either a 20 or 40 MOA built in.

Comment

• ActionDiver
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

I just used Vortex's bullet drop calculator and found it would be 12.94 MRAD at 1000 meters for my area and conditions an assuming 2.75" above center of rifle bore height for an optic mounted on an AR15. So if I want to be able to shoot at 1000 meters, I'll need a 20MOA mount.

Comment

Working...
        X