• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

The SHUSH ACT!! Great news!!

Below is just part of a write up but this looks like it may get through the BS in quick fashion?? I HOPE!! If if, I should say WHEN it goes through if you had to pay the 200 dollars and other fees those will be reimbursed! I signed the petition and will call these two guy in the AM and tell them HECK YA and get moving on it so this will get passed!! BANG BANG!!

Have you heard the news?

NAGR’s new legislation restoring your gun rights has been introduced in Congress.

Brought by gun rights champions, U.S. Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) and Congressman Steve King (R-IA), it’s called the “Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing Act” or “SHUSH Act”(S.1505 and H.R.3139), and ends the foolish Federal control on sound suppressors.

Thanks to your work, we’ve repealed both the Social Security Gun Ban and the Lead Ammo Ban.

We’re also making strong progress against the Veterans Gun Ban.

Now it’s time to move forward to repeal some of America’s long-standing restrictions on the Second Amendment.

The first step is to remove ALL unconstitutional restrictions on suppressors.

NAGR’s SHUSH Act recognizes one simple truth: suppressors are nothing more than accessories. They are no different than a magazine or a scope, and should be treated as such.

Currently, suppressors are heavily regulated -- just like machine guns and grenades -- under the 1934 National Firearms Act.
    Last edited by Slappy; 07-14-2017, 12:28 PM.
  • Ditcher
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Think last time I looked this bill was introduced but hasn't gone anywhere yet. They also need to remove SBR's.

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

Our Senator (Feinstein, D, CA) replied to my letter indicating that she is opposed to the act. She describes them as making weapons more lethal?

The only surprise here is that her staff somehow thought a firarms enthusiast would not understand what 'silencers' do and do not do
      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
        Our Senator (Feinstein, D, CA) replied to my letter indicating that she is opposed to the act. She describes them as making weapons more lethal?

The only surprise here is that her staff somehow thought a firarms enthusiast would not understand what 'silencers' do and do not do
        I admire the fact that, even knowing your Senators' proclivities, you still took the time to write her on the subject.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Not sure why she is responding, but you are on the mark!

She may have taken some heat a few years back when there were no acknowledgements to messages she didn't like.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

Feinstein is ignorant and a hypocrite. She hides behind armed security and denies Americans the right to do the same for themselves. We should all push her and her like every chance we get. Write her (/them) over and over. Maybe at some point they might actually take the time to look up some technical facts and real statistics on the things they demonize.

Silencers/suppressors are restricted in a truly idiotic fashion in this country, while many others with far stricter weapons laws not only allow them but require them to be used hunting in some instances.

So please, Feinstein, explain to me how these evil tubes of metal make guns more lethal? (Whatever the hell that really means..??..) And further, why is it that these super scary inanimate objects HAVE NOT caused any increase in crime or deaths in other countries that do NOT restrict them?!? I would love to see the nonsensical response.

Now is not the time to be polite and subtle. Now is the time to barrage these idiots with the real facts. God knows Bloomberg and his buddies are working against us every day. Don't be rude or over the top, but don't back down or shrug it off either. We can not afford to lose any more rights.

Comment

• jcjarmon
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2016

- Let's keep it clean. We also have many members who live in California who don't support Feinstein, but the districts are so gerrymandered that their votes have been nullified. - LRRP
              Last edited by LRRPF52; 07-18-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Hey guys, keep it cool. We've lost 2A before for unruliness and off color remarks. Let's not risk that again, please.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Smoke
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2014

but you have to admit his points are correct .. we need to be offensive right now not defensive
                  I was here once .. Got killed by the site .. Back again but not much

Comment

• SDguy
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2015

Comments from a higher volume multi state suppressor vendor indicate success

Originally posted by Smoke View Post
                    but you have to admit his points are correct .. we need to be offensive right now not defensive
                    Local news report makes this look like a low likelihood for success. http://www.keloland.com/news/article...se-in-congress

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
                      Local news report makes this look like a low likelihood for success. http://www.keloland.com/news/article...se-in-congress
                      Local news reports also made it look like a low likelihood for success for Donald Trump to be president, but here we are.

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

I heard the same song and dance when I went to purchase my suppressor in January.

If it passes, I get to walk right in and pick it up from NFA Jail. If it does not pass, then I will have already started the process, unlike the masses who decided to wait for them to be removed from the NFA oversight.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• 41bear
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2017

Let's not forget it took the progressives 160 years to put the Gun Control laws into place so I wouldn't give up on this repeal just yet.
                          "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2015

We should never let our guard down when it comes to the 2A and Democrats. The 2A is ours to lose.
                            If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2013

Republicans push gun silencer bill; Democrats fire back

(http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...fire-back.html)

Comment

Working...
                              X