• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK Again
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

Another New Guy - From Oregon

Hello all,
    Just pulled the trigger on an AA 18-in 6.5 Grendel upper w/ lightweight barrel and standard carbon fiber HG for deer, antelope, and possibly close-range elk hunting.
    Looking forward to learning more about the Grendel's capabilities and about which loads work best for various animals.
    Thanks for the add!
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. Those are great set-ups for hunting.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum AK Again!

Comment

• AK Again
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

Thank you, gentlemen!
        LRRPF52, that's a good-looking rifle. Mine'll sit on top of the Stag lower I couldn't bear to part with.
        As a dedicated AK and Tavor guy, I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of that particular AR. It shoots well, but all of my other 5.56 rifles shoot well enough. Needed something more, and realized I could buy a Grendel upper, save weight over the .308 AR I was contemplating selling, and run an efficient cartridge by choosing the 6.5 Grendel. Choosing the upper was tough ... fwd assist/no fwd assist, barrel length, mat'l, etc. made the selection process difficult.
        Eventually, I called Alexander Arms and asked some tech questions regarding my intended application (deer/antelope inside 300 yards and elk inside of 200 yards ... more like 150 max). Their tech support guy rocked, and was in fact the biggest reason for me shelling out the extra dough for the AA upper.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum AK again. You will be well pleased with the performance of the 6.5 Grendel cartridge.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, AK Again!

Comment

Working...
            X