• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chuckman84
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

16" AA barrel and reloading goodies

selling my 6.5 Grendel barrel and all associated reloading supplies. I ordered custom direct from Alexander Arms back when these first came out, twist/contour unknown- back then there was only one to pick from. 16" mid length stainless steel M4 feed ramp barrel. I had the suppressor threads cutoff and barrel re-crowned. Just didn't see the point for more weight on a hunting gun. It has the bolt and gas tube to match from AA (no gas block but any will do). 3 blue mag followers, no mags. Lee 3 stage die set. 200 new AA marked brass (Lapua I think), 50 more that are twice fired, cleaned and decapped, no cracked necks. qty 180 Nosler ballistic tip 120g loose bullets and 50 remington core lokts loose bullets. Barrel was shot just enough to develop a ragged hole hand load at 100 yards (Nosler 120g is what it LOVES) and I will give up the load info upon purchase. Again, it was built for hunting and maybe 300 rounds through it, just enough to develop the loads, then 4 rounds per year after that. It will outshoot 99% of the folks that would take it to the range. Barrel was painted camp by me, but it cleaned up back to satin ss nicely. Again, when I got it from Bill, it was shot peened and left bare ss. Hate to part with it but I now shoot a .450 bushmaster and dont need two AR hunting uppers.
    Dont want to split it all up yet. This round is absolutely amazing for ruling a bean field this fall. And much much less size/noise/recoil than a bolt gun. The Noslers just outright work on deer. Don't have chrono info, didn't see the point as I was after dead nuts accuracy and not speed.
    whole rig $450 yes this $$ but if you are into accuracy, this setup will get you there pronto. I took the homework out of it, and lucked into a damn accurate barrel.
    shipped from 28078
Working...
X