• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Wray
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2011

Precision Rifle classes in Midwest...

Are there any recommendations out there for basic Precision Rifle classes in the Midwest area???
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I haven't heard of anything other than for Law Enforcement but I'm from south eastern Illinois. What part of the state are you in?

Comment

• El Wray
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2011

I'm from northern Illinois. One training group I've heard about is Controlled Chaos Arms out of Iowa. Anybody have any experience with that group???
      "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

• jwilson1985

its far from you but there are alot down here in the mid south ussa,21st century gun fighter llc,badlands tactical,north Texas Precision Rifle . 2 in oklahoma 2 in texas

Comment

Does Black Water- Xe have some 1000 range course in Il.

Comment

If you want a good precision rifle clinic in the Northwest, I can't recommend the one at BoomerShoot in Northern Idaho enough. LR1955 runs it, and he brings plenty of steel targets of different types, placed from 375yds out to 700yds. You also get to blow a bunch of boomers at the end of each day, and stay on for the final shoot. They had over 1400 explosive targets this year.

Comment

• El Wray
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2011

Trying to focus in on the Midwest but thanks for the info...

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Have you been to an Appleseed? appleseedinfo.org I will be at the one in Racine 3/31/April 1. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.p.../td%3E%3Ctd%3E Its only $80 and will give good foundational training to hit man sized targets out to 500 yards, using just a sling. Once you've got that mastered, you will get a lot more out of the advanced training.

We also have week long "boot camps" that gives a lot of extra training, at very low prices.

Comment

• El Wray
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2011

UPDATE: Check out the Hollow Training Center in Mt. Carroll, Illinois.

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by El Wray View Post
                    UPDATE: Check out the Hollow Training Center in Mt. Carroll, Illinois.
                    http://www.hollowtrainingcenter.com/#
                    This is a GREAT place
                    I got to go there and shoot in a M1 for Vets fund raiser

I got paired up with a Marine Sniper School Instructor!!!!
                    I had just gotten my Vortex Viper 2.5 x 10 PST and he helped me sight it in
                    He loved the Grendel!

What a day

BTW
                    This is an x Blackwater sight
                    The owner helped set it up for Blackwater back in the day
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• El Wray
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2011

3-day Precision Rifle I class with open enrollment at the Hollow Training Center in Mt. Carroll, IL, July 8th thru 10th.

Check it out...

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X