• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizzo24
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

New Guy From SC

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope this post finds all of you well. I appreciate the opportunity to learn about shooting and the 6.5 Grendel from all of you Gurus.
    I'm very new to shooting, especially rifles, but I think I'm picking up fast. I already have 2 AR15s and I'm building my 3rd right now in 6.5 Grendel. Love reading the posts and learning what all of you have to say.

I live in Irmo, SC....just outside of Columbia, so if any of you are within reasonable driving distance and like to shoot/teach....look me up.
    I just Joined MCRC (Mid Carolina Rifle Club) but have yet to make it out there. But their longest rifle range is 200 yards.
    If any of you know where I can stretch my legs a little longer in this area please let me know.

I currently have a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 which I love.
    And I recently traded an old Hoyt Bow for a PSA AR15......my wife is shooting that one. Have to be honest.....That rifle impressed me. Performed way better than expected.

Currently working on the Grendel. I'll post pics and info when I'm done.
    Look forward to chatting with all of you.

I also have a boat load of handguns...but I guess that's for another forum....
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Bizzo24! Your not alone in regards to getting bit by the AR-15 bug.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Welcome friend!!

You will love your Grendel that's for sure!

Lots of handgun love here as well.. (as long as it's a Sig!!!)

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan! To know a Grendel is the love the Grendel. But you can't have just one.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

Looking forward to how your Grendel build works out.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bizzo24
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
            Welcome to the Clan! To know a Grendel is the love the Grendel. But you can't have just one.
            You're not kidding! I'm already looking at building a second and I'm not quite done with the first.
            The first is a JP Rifle 18" Barrel kit. And I'm so looking forward to putting rounds through it. Waiting on a Sig Tango6 to arrive.
            But I'm already considering a 20 or 22" version. Decisions, Decisions.

Comment

• jbane3
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2017

Hi Bizzo24, I live in the Northeast of Cola (and used to work for PSA a few years ago as a matter of fact)

There are 2 other ranges in our area that can go out a bit further than 200 and aren't as busy as MCRC can be.

BTW I am also new to this forum/board.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum jbane3!

Comment

Working...
                X