At a geuss

My Grendel load is as follows
    32.3gn cfe223
    Lapua brass
    Cci br4
    Serria 100gn varminter
    Oal 2.200"

Out of a howa mini 20inch

I have failed to get out crony testing as yet but at a geuss what do you think it will do i was thinking 2750-2800?
    Last edited by kiwi shooter; 07-14-2017, 09:43 AM.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Very hard to say... each barrel is different.

My father has a 20" HB Howa that shoots his pet load, 27gr of AA 2200 under a 100gr ELD-M 2680. That same load in his 20.5" Vepr is going 2750.

Bust out a chrono! I'm curious as to what your getting as well.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

kiwi-- I shot my 95 Gmx-same oal length as a typical 100 grn. loaded 30k off lands, @ 2.31-oal. in my AR-20" Grrrr tube. Chrono said -2870. Cfe, 34.4 grns. it was 95 F. out that day, ammo was hot to touch from the cars trunk- youcchhh hot !!!!!! I had to see if it was temp sensitive. My bad, worked out well.

Don't use this load,!!!!!!!! -work up to see what you can get from your boltie.

You maybe can get a pinch more from your action. Be safe.
      Last edited by sneaky one; 07-14-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

32.3gr of CFE under a 100gr is pretty light on the load. That's within .4gr of max for a 123gr cup and core at 50ksi.

Work up to 34.1 gr in .3gr increments if you want more speed.

If you're happy with the speed, I'm guessing that you're at 2730-2830fps.

I used Bwild's 24" data with a 100gr AMAX and CFE223 for reference, then changed the numbers and ran them through this calculator: http://shootersnotes.com/Velinfo.php
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kiwi shooter
          Warrior
          • Mar 2017

Yeah as I said I just haven't got it over the crono yet i worked up from 31gn of cfe223 to 34.0 gn in 0.3gn steeps with no pressure signs and it was all pretty good with all groups under an inch at 100 with the best being 0.334" with this 32.3gn charge

However there was only one group above 0.7" so I could easily use a 34gn charge if i was worried about speed

Was just curious as to what people thought the speed might be at a geuss

Its winter here and its very wet and the farm tracks are too wet to get to my range at the moment
          As soon as it drys out ill do some more shooting with it

I got the trigger worked the other day and its now more how I like it clean break at arround 2lb so looking forward to dusting her off for a shoot

Got a high coming over now so with any luck the tracks will dry out enough over the weekend for a shoot early next week

Comment

• Von Gruff
            Chieftain
            • Apr 2012

We have the high verus at the moment kiwi, but my high country hunt grounds are shut down till november. Been a rough couple of weeks weather wise.
            http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
            Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• kiwi shooter
              Warrior
              • Mar 2017

Sure has been rough mate
              Today was stunning though and forcast is for this to continue till Tuesday spoke to the guy who's farm I shoot on today and as expected the track to the range is very wet and dangerous even for a 4x4 he says the quad bike gets there (just) he expects that it will take more than just a couple of nice days to dry but call for an update Tuesday so theres where im at... haven't shot in at least 8 weeks so trigger finger is starting to get itchy got a new ( to me) uburti copy of a 1866 winchester yellow boy 44-40 to have a play with aswell

Comment

Working...
              X