X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borregobob

Originally posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    Damn.
    Well, he's a dick apparently, but if the product works, oh well.
    Hes actually a nice guy and very helpful.

- Interesting - LRRP
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 08-04-2017, 03:50 AM. Reason: Retread defending another banned member

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by borregobob View Post
      Well, that changes everything.

Joined the forum just to defend him with your first post?
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by borregobob View Post
        Until he's not. Look, I'm sure there are plenty of customers who have no issues with him. Has to be true, or he'd be out of business. At the same time, this "nice guy" is on record, berating and insulting his own customers, in open forums. There are more than enough documented cases where he's gone off on people for not being perfect customers or for having the unmitigated gall of disagreeing with him.

So, yes, Mrs. Dahmer. Your son Jeffery is certainly well behaved around the house, isn't he?
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

So it is a personality issue and not a product issue is what I am hearing.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
            Yes a PI for sure similar to man with several faces, though I witnessed a bad chamber that would have been identified by just dropping a round into it, but hey that happens. I wish him well...

Comment

• CastorTroy
              Warrior
              • Mar 2015

Ethics issue. He's more than once offered discounts to people to get them to shill on arfcom, which is what got him banned there. He also used to have a 10 paragraph manifesto on his "about" page, with a bunch of bullshit/personal attacks directed toward arfcom staff. Highly unprofessional, unethical, and generally just an asshole.

Comment

• keystone183
                Warrior
                • Mar 2013

My impression was that his personal grudges were such that he had a vendetta against the 6.5G in general and it seemed like he might be sabotaging the caliber out of spite?

But then again...what do i know....

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Grendelshooter View Post
                  Had one in my 7.62x39 at pistol, and one for my in progress grendel build with his 18 inch SPR barrel.
                  It's pretty freaking legit. Noticeably beefier than normal bolts.
                  Similarly, upcoming from Faxon Firearms ---

(http://www.guns.com/2015/02/24/faxon...extrous-araks/)

(http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...l=1#post108080)

Comment

• shooter545
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2012

Interesting. Just looked at his website and he offers some 6.5 Grendel barrels. If he hates this caliber so much why is he offering barrels chambered for it?

Lots of folks think that Mark Larue is a dick as well but they buy a metric ton of his kit.

Am I missing something? Not saying he is a great guy but just curious about all this.

Comment

• CastorTroy
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2015

IMO there's no question as to whether or not he makes good stuff; he does. He's just an asshole

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

I don't buy from assholes no matter how good their stuff is.
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Harrison is one of the very few people I've banned here, and I've witnessed his nastiness online and have my own experiences, as well, so I get the animosity.

Personally, I think most Hollywood actors are morons and assholes — but I admit I still go to the movies now and then. In the same vein, despite my opinion of his professionalism and some business practices, I do admire Beene's push for innovation and thinking outside the box.

So let's bring this thread back around to the technical aspects of the ARP Superbolt for the sake of the OP, if anyone has photos or reports, or such. Thanks.

BTW, SNS, that Faxon bolt is currently ONLY for their ARAK-21 but it would be REALLY nice to see Faxon offer an improved 65G bolt — HINT!!! Paging Nathan! Dan Young has recently shown a way to improve 65G bolts, if we could do something similar but with Faxon efficiencies and pricing . . . THEN we'd be cookin' with gas! (And there's always Frank Sabatano's Maxim bolt, which is a very solid 65G bolt.)

And finally, speaking in the context of Bill Alexander's resignation from Alexander Arms, we can't overlook that he, yet again, pioneered clever engineering improvements to the standard AR15 bolt to make it better suited to .50 Beowulf/6.5 Grendel. You guys enjoy all those 9310 bolts out there in the industry these days? Bill was the one who pioneered use of that steel — properly heat treated — as well. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                          X