• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Federal Fusion 120

The Fedex guy just delivered a new box of the Fusion 120. I dont see much in the way of reviews on this round yet. They shoot pretty decent in my other calibers. I will try and post my results later this week. Has anyone else had any luck with them?
  • 1075 tech
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

Just found them available at one of the few places that will ship directly to the consumer in New Yorkistan. Will pick up a couple boxes before deer season. I'd be interested in hearing others results.

Comment

• pajasonc
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Goochylogic View Post
      The Fedex guy just delivered a new box of the Fusion 120. I dont see much in the way of reviews on this round yet. They shoot pretty decent in my other calibers. I will try and post my results later this week. Has anyone else had any luck with them?
      I had another post created on them a couple weeks ago. Bottom line was they were pretty accurate, I didn't chrono them. They were giving me failure to eject with my PF bolt, but my group buy bolt worked fine with them. Drifter did chrono them at 2540 in a 18" barrel, which is about anywhere from 40 to 100 fps faster than the sst. But the bullet doesn't have a great BC. should be a good 250 to 300 max hunting load for bigger medium game like hogs or large deer. That bullet should hold together a bit better than the hornady offerings.

Comment

• Goochylogic
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

Thanks guys for the responces. I will reply back when I get to the range hopefully Thursday or Friday.

Comment

• CupOfJoe90
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2017

Looking forward to hearing how this round performs, I just saw brownells has it in stock if anybody is looking to try some

Comment

• 1075 tech
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

Well, I just tried these today. I bought some a while back but never had the chance to shoot them. Last night as I was getting my stuff ready for our opening day of big game, I looked at them. I figured at the distance I typically shoot, the POI couldn't be that far off from the SST's that I was sighted with. WTH, I loaded my mags with the Fusion.

Took a medium size buck this morning at maybe 20 yards. This was about the same distance as the small doe I shot last year with the SST. Bullet entered just above right shoulder and exited just above left shoulder. Hit one rib on way in. Took off the top 3rd of the heart. Nice clean exit. Didn't look like it expanded to much.

Seems to have performed more to my liking as opposed to the SST which effected massive trauma.

PART_1511034039560_KIMG0041.jpg

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

My data shows 120 fusion load is going 2420fps from a 16" barrel.

Bonded bullet so it retains it weight well.

Comment

• jurassic
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Thats what I'm talking about! Nice job.

Originally posted by 1075 tech View Post
                Well, I just tried these today. I bought some a while back but never had the chance to shoot them. Last night as I was getting my stuff ready for our opening day of big game, I looked at them. I figured at the distance I typically shoot, the POI couldn't be that far off from the SST's that I was sighted with. WTH, I loaded my mags with the Fusion.

Took a medium size buck this morning at maybe 20 yards. This was about the same distance as the small doe I shot last year with the SST. Bullet entered just above right shoulder and exited just above left shoulder. Hit one rib on way in. Took off the top 3rd of the heart. Nice clean exit. Didn't look like it expanded to much.

Seems to have performed more to my liking as opposed to the SST which effected massive trauma.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10195[/ATTACH]

Comment

• WIshooter
                  Unwashed
                  • May 2016

I am happy with them. Good accuracy and one hit high lung dropped him hard.

Comment

Working...
                  X