• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nchunt101
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2016

Ballistic Advantage Barrel/Bolt

I have BA in two of my uppers and really have been very impressed. I am leaning towards either the 18"SPR or the 20"DMR barrel. I would consider the 16" Hanson profile (my .223 Wylde Hanson is a hell of a shooter)but from what I gather the 6.5 Grendel really needs at least an 18" barrel to shine and 20"is preferable. Also any word on who makes the BA bolts/BCG. The rifle will be used for hunting/targets and I would like to keep the build costs reasonable. Sorry for newb questions but I have no experience with the caliber.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Take it from me, dont be shy to build a 16" Grendel. All that "needs a 18 or 20" nonsense is hogwash unless you are doiing some really long distance shooting.

I started out with a 20" Grendel HBAR, but after lugging it around the woods and fields for a season, a decided to try a lightweight 16" build and haven't looked back. 7.2 lbs rifle loaded that can ring steel at 810 yards with NO drama at 660 asl, and can kill anything I hunt at ranges further than most will ever hunt.

BA seems to have a solid reputation, and they are building then with all the right specs.

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

The grendel shines in any length barrel. You just need to determine what your doing with it.

Comment

• nchunt101
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
        Take it from me, dont be shy to build a 16" Grendel. All that "needs a 18 or 20" nonsense is hogwash unless you are doiing some really long distance shooting.

I started out with a 20" Grendel HBAR, but after lugging it around the woods and fields for a season, a decided to try a lightweight 16" build and haven't looked back. 7.2 lbs rifle loaded that can ring steel at 810 yards with NO drama at 660 asl, and can kill anything I hunt at ranges further than most will ever hunt.

BA seems to have a solid reputation, and they are building then with all the right specs.
        Good to know. I am still shopping parts so who knows the end result but I do like to keep hunting rifles trim.

Comment

Working...
        X