• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwilson
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dcommoncents View Post
    And as Randy pointed out, there's really not too much risk given the low price, which may not last if BCA continues to gain traction and improve its reputation
    Seeing as how they're the same company to give away a pallet of barrels to prior military members, i don't see them arbitrarily raising their prices. Then again anything can happen.

Comment

• chetly
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2017

just a little range report. I took my BCA 20" fluted 6.5 Grendel upper installed on my factory Franklin Armory M4-SBR-L lower to the range today. I have a Primary Arms 4-14x44 HUD DMR ACSS scope mounted on a primary arms mount. I never got the chance to put any rounds through the barrel to break it in before I got there. I was able to sight it in at 100 yards in 4 shots, then using the bullet drop through the scope able to shoot out to 560 yards on the steel range successfully hitting 5 for 5 on my last go around. Size of the plates are approx 1 moa tall and 2 moa wide and I was hitting dead center of the plates. I was shooting factory Hornady A-MAX 123g rounds. All in all I'm super impressed with this upper. For upper and scope around $600 and to be shooting at least or under MOA I'm stoked!!!

Comment

• ErikS
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

Was gifted a 6.5 Grendel, BCA, 16inch 416R, M4 Profile upper by my wife.

The upper appears to be properly assembled. The bolt is MPI inspected. Staking is evident and touches the screw heads. The nitride finish is really slick but the inside of the bolt carrier is not chromed. The gas key is chromed internally. The firing pin retaining pin was a pain to get back in. New bolt and all

It fits my PSA lower as it should. The feed ramps are not pretty but match the upper "300BO" cuts in the upper.

The FFT is stiff and fits very well. It rings when tapped so I most likely will wrap it with parachord before hunting with it next season. The A2 birdcage is properly clocked.

I do see some red loctite on the visible set screw. The visible screw can be checked without removing the handguard. The other 4 screws are out of view.

The upper was obviously test fired using steel case Wolf even though they don’t condone using it.

The barrel extension is crude but works. I shot 12 rounds or 123 SSTs through it last week just to get on paper at 75 yards. I will be at the range as soon as the snow at my place melts off. I shot it using PMags only loaded with 8rnds and it cycled fine. All brass landed at 3:00.

I posted this on another forum also.

I will post range results when I get out to shoot it. It will be after the holidays.D3515612-1DBD-42C5-AFAF-DC8FFF2EDE1E-395515.JPG5FA00156-1156-4715-A9C2-31622977EEDA-395509.JPG796EA7FD-2BE2-4C55-BD37-89FD902DC503-395572.JPG
        Last edited by ErikS; 01-04-2018, 09:00 PM. Reason: ETA
        #shareyourspare

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

I have to say I really hope more info comes in very positive on the BCA barrels as I want there to be a very reasonable price source for genuine SAMMI 6.5 using .136 bolts barrels that actually shoot as well as much higher priced units. it would be awesome!

Comment

• Christopher67
            Warrior
            • May 2015

Originally posted by ErikS View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10687[/ATTACH]

Any more range results?

Comment

• calvarez
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2017

Mine has only become better. A friend who is a better shooter got groups in the 1/2 MOA range at 200, and is building his own with the same upper now.

Comment

• ErikS
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Christopher67 View Post
                Any more range results?
                UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ae50.jpg

After 35 rounds it started shaping up, .75 MOA with 123 ELD-M and AR-Comp. I will need to get about 150 rounds through it before I have a good idea really how well it will shoot.

I loaded up some more and may have a chance, again this weekend, to take it to the range this weekend. It is already deer killing accurate.
                #shareyourspare

Comment

• beastep
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2018

What charge of AR Comp and what OAL did you find that works?

Comment

• ErikS
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2017

27.6 grains

#shareyourspare

Comment

• alaska_guy
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2018

What type of rifling is bear creek using? I see 5R specifically labeled on some barrels, and others without. Does that mean they make a standard 6 groove and 5R?

I am specifically interested in this upper and the rifling used.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by alaska_guy View Post
                        What type of rifling is bear creek using? I see 5R specifically labeled on some barrels, and others without. Does that mean they make a standard 6 groove and 5R?
                        Yes, both, but the majority of their barrels have conventional rifling. If it's 5R it will be marked.
                        AR16C.jpg
                        "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• diddlyv
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2016

Got a Bear Creek 5.56 complete upper 16 inch parkerized 4150 1 in 8 wylde .223 for $216 shipped with military discount. The lower from Palmetto arrived yesterday tomorrow may be a range day will render report if it happens
                          Queen of Battle
                          Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• beastep
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jan 2018

27.6 grains

Thank you. Im showing pressure signs at 26.0 but Im having to load at 2.20

Comment

• ErikS
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by beastep View Post
                              Thank you. Im showing pressure signs at 26.0 but Im having to load at 2.20
                              Why so short?
                              #shareyourspare

Comment

• beastep
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2018

Why so short?
                                Thats why I start to get into the lands.

Comment

Working...
                                X