• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
    I beginning to wonder if I want to do business with Bear Creek. I have been reading a lot of reviews that would lead me to believe they produce a good product, however; not to sure about their customer service. Their website states they offer a military discount and to email their customer service for details. I did that 2 days ago with no reply. Am I being unreasonable thinking I should have gotten some kind of reply by now? What if I ordered and received one of their products and had a customer service question?
    Based on what I read on this forum, I'm starting to think this problem is industry wide.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• calvarez
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
      Based on what I read on this forum, I'm starting to think this problem is industry wide.
      I thought it was just me. My last three gun-related orders from minor suppliers (IE, not Midway, Sportsmans, etc) have been very slow to ship, and with lousy communication. Except for Polymer80, that dude answers almost instantly and I feel like he shipped the product the day before I ordered it.

Anyway I got my BCA upper in about 12-13 days from ordering it. Didn't ship for over a week, no reply to "what's the deal?"

Comment

• Lastrites
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

There are many responsive retailers that actually respond but it's like a shotgun pattern for certain, but those who do are generally praised by the masses. Those who are slow or many times don't even give you the time day will eventually die a slow death unless their product is just something over the top.

Comment

• Keef
          Warrior
          • Jun 2017

I got a BCA upper about a month ago...16" contour barrel. Took 6 days from order to my door, but I live fairly close to their location.(I ordered straight from BCA) I've only shot it twice. Once to sight it at around 60yrds and messed around one day at 180yrd target. I only had a backpack as a rest but it appears to be accurate. I really need to build a proper shooting bench at my house for sighting it and testing. I mainly shoot from my deer stands as practice once they are sighted in.
          Last edited by Keef; 07-28-2017, 08:02 PM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

• calvarez
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2017

We're shopping the low price leader. I don't expect great service, great product, and lowest price all together. Of all those, I'll let the service go since I likely can work around it.

Comment

• Smbob
              Unwashed
              • Jun 2017

I have an 18" BCA upper with a lightweight Keymod handguard. I have only put about 30 rounds of Federal American Eagle 90gr TNT Hollowpoint ammo. First trip to the range last weekend I got it on target with 3 rounds at 50 yards, then went out to 100 yards. First shot was a dead center bullseye. It shot under MOA the whole session. Most new rifles take a few rounds for break in. Not this one.
              It is spot on right out of the box! I also bought a 16" 300 Blackout upper from them that is equally impressive.

Robert

Comment

• Safety Guy
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2017

I beginning to wonder if I want to do business with Bear Creek. I have been reading a lot of reviews that would lead me to believe they produce a good product, however; not to sure about their customer service. Their website states they offer a military discount and to email their customer service for details. I did that 2 days ago with no reply. Am I being unreasonable thinking I should have gotten some kind of reply by now? What if I ordered and received one of their products and had a customer service question?
                I finally figured I would just call them about a military discount. Got someone on the phone first try. They told me to email them a copy of my DD214 (retirees will know what this is). Got an email back like 5 minutes later stating the discount was added to my account (you have to create an account with them first). I placed an order for a 20" SS non fluted upper and the 10% discount showed up in my "cart". With this upper and an upgraded complete lower from PSA, I'll be all in at <$550.

Comment

• js8588
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2017

I bought a stripped upper from BCA. The finish was not up to my standards, so I returned it. Their customer service was outstanding through the whole process. I'm sure I will buy from them again.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2017

I just received my complete grendel upper from BCA a couple weeks ago. It's the 18" straight fluted nitride barrel with mlok handguard and nitrided bcg. All told, It was only around $340 shipped. On inspection, it looks to be very well machined and assembled. I can only find two criticisms, both minor and already remedied: The a2 flashhider was only hand tight, and the gas key could have been staked a little better.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to shoot this thing yet, but with that important caveat, it's looking like a great deal. As for customer service, I emailed BCA with questinos about the chamber and bolt specs but didn't receive a response. However, a week or so later I received a call from a BCA sales person who apoligized for the delayed response and said the tech person who would normally answer was out for health reasons. He also seemed genuinely interested in the product because he asked me to report back on how the barrel shoots. From where I stand it looks like this company is well on its way to getting its act together to offer good quality parts for an exceptional value.

Now to just get out and shoot the thing!

Comment

• Sputnik
                      Warrior
                      • May 2013

I have had excellent service. I have worked with three different very professional and courtesy oriented people. Cassie, Erika, and another whose name escapes me; Samantha I think. They have new phone numbers now. They upgraded their phones, check out the website. Mil/LEO Discount: First make an account. Then find the place on the website for filling out the Mil/LOE form. For the documentation portion, I sent a picture of my retired ID card with parts taped/dedacted out. I think it was the ID card number. They verify the form, in that your ID card looks legit and attach the discount feature info to your account. Just like Primary Arms does. So you put something in your cart, it get discounted 10% right then and there. I sent in my ID photo and called a day or two later. They check your account, and verify your discount info found its way to it. So the DD214 is one way, the picture of you ID seemed easier. Glad you got it straightened out.
                      Last edited by Sputnik; 08-22-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Sputnik
                        Warrior
                        • May 2013

I got a BCA 223 Wylde 18" SS HB fluted upper for 279, before I knew about their discount. Their 24" 6.5 Grendel HB fluted was NIS for 361.00. Fortunately, Primary Arms had that same upper in stock and for 12 dollars less. I believe it was about 324.00 ish to my door; so I went with Primary Arms. No complains on the workmanship at all on both uppers! BTW, the three casings sent with my Grendel upper were steel. The "BCA does not recommend steel casings" disclaimer must by a CYA thing; a fallout thing from the melting lacquer days.

Comment

• kiloechoxray
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2017

I have not bought a complete upper from them but I could not resist the $105 20" fluted heavy barrel they were selling, so I built yet another upper with it.

I've run a bunch of wolf through it and so far I'm happy. I made sure to break it in though.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2017

Here are some pics of the BCA upper I described above:

With handguard removed you can see some nice millwork on the barrel, at least if the picture was better you could
                            20170810_203534.jpg

Here is the upper assembled with the lower I will primarily use for it as I began to tape it off for paint
                            20170811_100446.jpg

Here's a comparison of the staking on my BCGs, from top to bottom, WMD Nibx; S&W m&p 15 phosphate; BCA nitride with grendel bolt
                            20170817_205624.jpg

And finally my diy multicam paint job, which unfortunately wasn't one of my best because I didn't degrease the weapon sufficiently first
                            20170823_075641.jpg

20170823_075700.jpg

Comment

• waccamawscout
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2016

I am for sure interested in the complete side charge 20" hb ss

Comment

• buddy10mm
                                Unwashed
                                • Mar 2016

I'm in the same boat (waiting for a customer service response)- I've been reading up on Bear Creek and am thinking about jumping in with an upper. I've sent two emails for their military discount information (DD-214 is just waiting to go), but no response so far. Once I get the military information sorted out, I've got a lower waiting for that upper (or someone else's, if I don't hear from BCA). All in all, I think it would fit my needs perfectly - I want a minute-of-coyote rifle so that both my son and I can carry AR's on a coyote hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X