• May 2013

And yet BCA provides all!

Comment

• Safety Guy
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post
      Wow, thanks for this info!
      I emailed sales@bearcreekarsenal.com on 10/15 to ask about a military discount and haven't received a reply yet.
      To what address did you email your DD214?

I've been waiting to order an upper until I hear of any discounts.
      I saw a new video just a few days ago that said that 704tactical gets 5% off and free shipping. Does the 10% Veteran's discount include free shipping?
      I'm on a small VA pension and need to save every penny I can.
      Call them and ask where to send your proof of service. Like I said, email responses seem spotty at best, seems phone calls are where it's at with Bear Creek.

Comment

• Randy99CL
        Warrior
        • Oct 2017

Update...Thanks for the help people!

Called them, got the addy of where to send my docs and emailed them a photo of my VA Healthcare card and they gave me the discount. And for some reason the price had dropped; the $367 yesterday was $345 today.

Ordered SKU# UASC6.5RHB20185R(MF)-(15)MLOK
        BCA Side Charging AR-15 Complete Upper Assembly, 20" 4150 Black Nitride Heavy Barrel, Straight Flutes, 6.5 Grendel Type II, Rifle Length Gas System, 1:8 5R Twist w/ 15" MLOK

Really excited! I want the side-charger because I owned a couple of Mini-14s and now three 10/22s and that's where the handle should be, 20" barrel, straight fluting, Nitrided with 5R rifling.
        Took the $10 shipping so don't expect to get it for a while. No hurry cause I can't order the lower for a couple of weeks.

Couple of other things: If you're a Vet you should check with your local VA about getting the Vet ID card. Good at stores, etc. so you don't have to carry a copy of your DD214.
        And if you might want to buy from Bear Creek you really have to sign up for their emails. I say that because the daily emails often have product that is hard to find on their site. The specific upper I ordered doesn't show up on a normal search but was advertised in one of their emails.
        "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
          Warrior
          • Nov 2017

I've been using BCA for about a year now on various AR15 and AR10 builds. I'm a vendor and they have been my go-to supplier for barrels. The quality and the accuracy of the barrels are very good, especially for the price. They are a major supplier of barrels for Anderson Mfg. I've used their 308 (shot a bear with one this year), 300 blk, 223 Wylde, 7.65x39 and 5.56mm barrels in my builds and sold many to customers. They also offer a lot more barrels than what they list on their web site. I just recently used one of their 6.5 Grendel barrels for my first Grendel build. It is 18" straight fluted SS with 5R rifling. So far it is a good shooter. I only have about a box and a half trough it yet, but it is shooting about 1 inch groups at 100 yards when resting over the hood of a jeep (Hornady Black).

As a personal preference, I prefer side charging uppers. I've probably used/sold over 20 of the BCA side chargers (even for .458 SOCOM) and they all have worked flawlessly.

They do tend to be slow in their shipping times and charge a fair amount for shipping (more than others).

I think that the Odin barrels are better, but for the price you can't beat the BCA stuff. BCA also has a really good selection of 6.5 Grendel barrels.
          Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• WaltherWhite
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2017

I have been very pleased with the phone contacts I have had with them. Called three times for ideas on an AR build and always got fast well informed answers. I asked and Part of the reason they test with steel ammo is it is cheap. Saves money that can go to bettering the product. Part of the reason it is not recommended is wear is greater with steel cased.

Comment

• tim300wsm
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2017

these look like a great deal but I'm a little nervous to roll the dice on such a cheap upper. does anyone have 1 with 1000+ rounds through it. I would hate to buy one and have it shoot like shit or break after 500 rounds.
              Last edited by tim300wsm; 11-12-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by tim300wsm View Post
                these look like a great deal but I'm a little nervous to roll the dice on such a cheap upper. does anyone have 1 with 1000+ rounds through it. I would hate to buy one and have it shoot like shit or break after 500 rounds.
                I received my BCA upper last week and am really happy with it; everything looks good and it operates flawlessly. Nothing looks or feels cheap, there are no flaws in fit or finish and it seems to be just as good as any other name-brand upper that I've checked out.

I wanted a side-charge receiver and the next least-expensive is the bare AR Stoner at Midway for $230.
                I paid just over $300 (with Vet discount) for the complete upper: BCA Side Charging AR-15 Complete Upper Assembly, 20" 4150 Black Nitride Heavy Barrel, Straight Flutes, 6.5 Grendel Type II, Rifle Length Gas System, 1:8 5R Twist w/ 15" MLOK
                Again, I like everything about this upper and couldn't be happier; it was an amazing deal.

There are lots of reviews of BCA barrels and most seem to like them. I've seen a couple people complaining about them who are making as much noise as possible.
                I won't get to fire mine for a few weeks and after a decent break-in period if I'm not happy with the accuracy I will replace the barrel with a brand known for accuracy but to be honest I don't expect to have to do that.
                And even if I have to spend another $200-$300 for a barrel that's about what many vendors are charging for an upper that isn't any better than this one.
                Just My Opinion.
                002B.jpg003B.jpg007B.jpg
                With the Ruger AR-Lower Elite
                Last edited by Randy99CL; 11-12-2017, 10:10 PM.
                "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• calvarez
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jul 2017

I had been shooting cheap Wolf in my 20" BCA upper, and groups were rather crappy. I did some pre-hunt sighting last week with Federal Fusion, and my 200 yard group was 1.5" across. I was using a typical range bench and my rifle bag as a rest/support.

target-grendel.jpg

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2017

My buddies at LWS and Axis MFG make full autos with BCA barrels. They really put them to the test.

Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2017

My sample size is small, probably around 120 rounds so far, but as shown by the targets I posted above the results from my BCA upper have been quite promising. Since I fixed my broken buffer issue, it has run 100% flawlessly using my AA elander mag. I'm not a barrel wear expert, but I can't see the accuracy degrading between now and 1k rounds, particularly since the barrel is black nitrided, unless perhaps the nitriding process was not done properly. I haven't heard any reports of that though.

In my opinion, admittedly based upon my limited experience with BCA, I would say don't worry about it. All recent reports from those who have actually seen and shot BCA barrels have been positive. Whatever issues the company or its predecessor had before look to be resolved. And as Randy pointed out, there's really not too much risk given the low price, which may not last if BCA continues to gain traction and improve its reputation.

I hate sounding like a BCA fanboy -- I'm not and have no affiliation with the company or anyone who does -- but I have just been impressed with the high value products it seems to be putting out and want to support that effort.
                      Last edited by Dcommoncents; 11-12-2017, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• calvarez
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Dcommoncents View Post
                        I hate sounding like a BCA fanboy
                        We're just reporting on products we're happy with. The fact that the price/value is great just adds to that. I have two BCA uppers so far (6.5G and 5.56), love both, and have not had a single issue with either.

Comment

• tim300wsm
                          Unwashed
                          • Nov 2017

well I guess I will give them a shot when the upper I want is back in stock.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2017

well I guess I will give them a shot when the upper I want is back in stock.
                            I don't think you'll regret it. (No warranties, express or implied, haha). By the way, I noticed i didn't mention before that my groups were with Hornady black. Haven't shot anything else out of it but have some wolf on the way.

Comment

• calvarez
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2017

I forgot to add that after my great group with the Fusion ammo, I went to Hornady Custom and the group size was double, in the same place, back to back. So Fusion is my deer load now.

Comment

• diddlyv
                                Warrior
                                • Aug 2016

RE Military there is a link on the website for dealers leo and military same page as updating password you can attach a copy with sensitive stuff blacked out
                                Queen of Battle
                                Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                                X