Meopta Meopro - Any thoughts about them for 20" hunting rig out west?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PVBoom
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Meoptas are awesome. Ring reducers are the opposite.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Ok, if Meopta makes the Zeis conquest who does the warranty work?
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• 243chris
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

It finally arrived, week before the hunt. I have it mounted on an American Defense 1" 20 MOA QD one piece mount. I hope to take it all out this weekend and shoot it for the first time. I still have a "feature" stock on it and need to get that switched out with my featureless stock, so that Comrade Jerry will feel safe.

The Meopta glass is very nice, it's bright with edge to edge clarity and the adjustment have a good feel to them. I have 200 rounds of Hornady Black to break it in with. I can't wait to shoot it and see how it does.
        Last edited by 243chris; 12-29-2017, 02:37 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• grendelhunter16
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2017

I have the Meopta Meopro 3.5-10x44 on my cz550fs in 6.5 Swede. Great glass, build quality, and light transmission. As others have said the old Zeiss conquest line was made by Meopta, however, the new Zeiss Terra line (filling the role of the old conquest line) is apparently made in China. Meopta uses exclusively Schott glass to my understanding, which is owned by the the Zeiss corporation and used in both Zeiss and Steiner optics maybe more. So long story short you should have yourself some very good glass.
          Last edited by grendelhunter16; 01-06-2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• tracker12
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

I also have a Meopta 3.5-10X44. They are great scopes and you will be happy with it. I bought it after finding out they made the Conquest for Zeiss which I also have. Look at the Leupold AR 1" mount. I have one on my 556 and just ordered a second for my 6.5 build. I got my mount from Optics Planet recently when they had 10% off and free shipping.
            AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

Working...
            X