• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Waynejessie
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
    Yeah, just like those cheesy Glocks. I sure wouldn't trust a plastic pistol with a plastic magazine to defend my life! No siree, J frame all the way baby,

I saw where someone did a 3 round flush fit magazine, I'll probably go that route myself, but after having 527s for so long even the box isn't that big a deal to me.
    Comparing a long range rifle to a polymer self defense gun is pretty weak. Show me any serious long range rifles shooters singing the praises of polymer to hold their actions solid. We aren't talking about shooting at self defense ranges. The slightest variations in a long range rifle means accuracy suffers downrange. I don't care what the piece costs. I'm in the gun pretty steep already. I'll pay it. Just make it already. Nosense in me sending the gun to my stock/bedding guy until then. He'd pretty much laugh at me
    Last edited by Waynejessie; 09-14-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• smcdurmon
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2015

I created the Magazine Modification Post. Wasn't all that difficult to do, just make sure to take off a little at a time. Below is a link to that post.

For those of you that may be interested, figured I would post the modification I did to my Howa 6.5 Grendel. Magazine will only hold 3 now, but fits nice and flush with the bottom of the magazine well. First I cut the magazine just above the engraving below the first rim and sanded it flush with the rim. Used 100 grit first

As far as the bottom "metal" goes, I modified the release button by cutting and sanding it down so it wouldn't be so easy to hit and release the mag.

I also place a Thin Bedding Washer between the Pillar of the Stock and the Bottom "metal" on each action screw and haven't had any issues with Cracking when I Torqued them to 50lbs.
      Last edited by smcdurmon; 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM. Reason: Add info

Comment

• Waynejessie
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by smcdurmon View Post
        I created the Magazine Modification Post. Wasn't all that difficult to do, just make sure to take off a little at a time. Below is a link to that post.

For those of you that may be interested, figured I would post the modification I did to my Howa 6.5 Grendel. Magazine will only hold 3 now, but fits nice and flush with the bottom of the magazine well. First I cut the magazine just above the engraving below the first rim and sanded it flush with the rim. Used 100 grit first

As far as the bottom "metal" goes, I modified the release button by cutting and sanding it down so it wouldn't be so easy to hit and release the mag.

I also place a Thin Bedding Washer between the Pillar of the Stock and the Bottom "metal" on each action screw and haven't had any issues with Cracking when I Torqued them to 50lbs.
        I'm certain you mean inch pounds and not foot pounds. The confusion is on my part and not yours.

Comment

• ThunderStick
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2017

Well scuse me!

Personally, if I'm wanting to push a 6.5 bullet to its max distance from a magazine feed bolt action! it won't be plugged into a Grendel any way! But please, the Howa use of composite parts isn't cheesy IMO.

Comment

• Waynejessie
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
            Well scuse me!

Personally, if I'm wanting to push a 6.5 bullet to its max distance from a magazine feed bolt action! it won't be plugged into a Grendel any way! But please, the Howa use of composite parts isn't cheesy IMO.
            Composites, better known as plastic is certainly the way to go in self defense handguns. I own a slew of them. Long range rifle accuracy is a whole different beast completely. What you can get away with at defensive pistol ranges will make you look like a fool @ 300 yds with a rifle. Yes, plastic, polymer, or whatever you wish to call it has its place but it's not on long range rifles when it comes to bedding torque. I don't care if they make the mags out of polymer and charge $50 bucks for them. I'm OK with that just give me at least aluminum(preferably steel) foundation to torque my bedding screws against. Is that treason ?

Comment

• Troutguide
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

We are a testy bunch today. Can't we all just be happy that BFT got the last of the 12" barrels shipped!
              "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Wayne,
                is this your post of your Howa for sale over in the buy/sell forum?
                Howa 6.5 Grendel 20" Heavy Barrel in N.C.
                Never fired. Green stock. Will thrown in warne steel bases and rings. New gun. New rings and bases. Would prefer a FTF in N.C. But will ship on customers dime. $650+ shipping to your FFL. Box, papers and everything included.

It would probably sell better if you would stop complaining about it... no offense, just sayin'.

gf
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• smcdurmon
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2015

Wayne,

I didn't specify FT or IN LBS, but yes when dealing with Rifle Parts it would be inch pounds.
                  Last edited by smcdurmon; 09-15-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• Waynejessie
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                    Wayne,
                    is this your post of your Howa for sale over in the buy/sell forum?
                    Howa 6.5 Grendel 20" Heavy Barrel in N.C.
                    Never fired. Green stock. Will thrown in warne steel bases and rings. New gun. New rings and bases. Would prefer a FTF in N.C. But will ship on customers dime. $650+ shipping to your FFL. Box, papers and everything included.

It would probably sell better if you would stop complaining about it... no offense, just sayin'.

gf
                    Yes it's mine. Sell or not the truth is the truth. No offense taken,just saying'. If it don't sell, it'll sit around until someone does offer the bottom metal and then I'll play with it further. I have other rifles to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                    X