• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • funnelcake
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2017

Mostly Done!

Largely there...need to replenish the gun fund enough for a drop-in trigger (3# most likely) and reloading components. Headed out on vacation so it'll be a couple weeks before I get a chance to shake it out...itching I tell ya, itching!!

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG
    Last edited by funnelcake; 07-25-2017, 09:15 PM.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Very nice looking. If your not set on a trigger, the larue mbt is very nice and goes on sale for $99 a few times a year.

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

You can barely see that thing in the grass. Nice job.
      I bought the Delton 2 stage from Midway and got a LPK with it and I don't think a better trigger would do much for my shooting results.
      Last edited by bj139; 07-25-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• funnelcake
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2017

Thanks guys! Haha!! Yeah, with two wee ones and any decent range 40-min away (and really stretching it is 1.5 hours out) practice is the biggest thing lacking. Prior to having kids I did shoot enough for it to matter...now? Heh, maybe only a little.

Thanks for the tips on triggers & pricing. I did wind-up with a just about creep-free, just over 4lb. setup but a 2.5-3lb. glass rod it ain't!!

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Beautiful setup!! I really like the colors you chose.

Comment

• funnelcake
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2017

Thanks Kilco!! I took the pics by the older bro's house...when I got him looking he couldn't find it. Funny, cause I thought it stuck out like a sore thumb. TBH...didn't let him look THAT long...he needs to pull some weeds!

Comment

• funnelcake
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2017

First Range Visit

Nothing exciting...I went with the bro and he had a couple clients with him so we spent most of our time with the FA rifles, etc. I meant to take the extractor o-ring off (could tell it was way too tight) and just forgot. I just had enough time to single shot the scope onto paper before we had to pack up.

I pulled the o-ring last night so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll get to finish function check stuff & stretch it out a bit. I was surprised recoil was pretty much on par with 5.56...ergo about nonexistent. Looking forward to getting back out w/ it!

Comment

• just_john
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2012

You did an encredibly good job with the colors! Awesome lookin'!

Comment

• funnelcake
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2017

Thanks man! Got a small window to take it back out today...see how it goes!

Comment

• funnelcake
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2017

It was the &%#*(%&#($ charging handle!! Of all things...supposed to be a US-made, forged 7075 part with extended latch...right now, color me dubious! I was checking stuff over again & just happened to notice it was bent sideways (looking into upper rec from bottom). I pulled it out & it is ALSO bent like a bow along the length. Friggin thing had to have been hosed when I got it and I just didn't notice; I might've been a little excited to get it together...

Dropped in a BCM CH & took it back today...ran flawless!

Comment

Working...
                    X