• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by smcdurmon View Post
    I just ordered the Rifle Basix, but the Timney will have the same size housing considering they are both for a Standard Howa 1500.

I did a Spring Compression on my factory trigger instead of cutting the spring. I compressed the spring with a pair of pliers instead of cutting it down. Use a Mic and measure the length as if you had cut off 1.5 coils, then press it in pliers until you get it to that length.

I also Compress the trigger spring, just a bit with my fingers, but not much. I adjusted the tension screw to its lightest setting. It took me about 3 times of taking the trigger apart making a tweak or 2, then putting it back together.

My Factory Trigger now breaks clean at 1lb 13oz.
    Hey. Thanks for the reply!

I ended up ordering the Timney. They customized it for me.
    From most people's responses it WILL attach to my action safely, question is will my MDT LSS chassis fit over it....

Comment

• lrgrendel
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Ok. Received my trigger. Not very happy. This is a standard Howa 1500 NOT a Mini action. It has since been taken off of their web site. Wasted a lot of time and some dollars on this....

Does not fit on MDT LSS chassis, factory bolt head does not fit in Timney trigger group correctly (about 1/2 of threads go into action) bottom of trigger group is not flush with action.

You can clearly see light between the bottom of the trigger group and the top of the action.
      Very frustrated as to why a company falsely advertises to something that is clearly not for the mini action.
      The instructions clearly states HOWA 1500, their web site used to clearly state HOWA MINI ACTION.....

Photos to follow....
      Last edited by lrgrendel; 08-30-2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• smcdurmon
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2015

I wonder if you can take the guts out of the Timney trigger and put them in the factory trigger housing. I should have tried that with the Rifle Basix, but didn't think of it before I sent it back. Might be worth trying.

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by smcdurmon View Post
          I wonder if you can take the guts out of the Timney trigger and put them in the factory trigger housing. I should have tried that with the Rifle Basix, but didn't think of it before I sent it back. Might be worth trying.
          I think you are more of an engineer than I am!!!

Comment

• smcdurmon
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2015

I like to tinker. I may order another Rifle Basix at some point in the near future and try swapping out the internals. If somebody happens to do it before I do, please post results so we will all know.

Comment

• firefly
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2017

Take a look on ebay for howa mini action hact trigger springs, a guy in Australia trading as Gunbloke supplies replacement springs to fit the hact trigger, should give 1.5 lb break. He posts to USA and UK, I have a set on order and will update when I get them fitted

Comment

• HowaGrendel
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2017

My mini action trigger could not be any better as is......no creep or slack and is maybe 3lbs at most.....best stock trigger I have ever shot for the price range of the rifle...

Comment

Working...
                X