• Jul 2013

Timney after market for Howa Mini action

Surfing the Timney website.
    It clearly states it is compatible...

Did I miss a post? Saying it did not?
  • kiwi shooter
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

Its easy to modify the factory one that's what I did it now pulls at about 1.5lb no creep and crisp as imo as good as any after market trigger

Theres a video on YouTube
    If you search howa trigger mod its not my video but its exactly what I did

As always if in doubt get a gun smith to do it for you don't do it yourself unless you are prepared to take full responsibility for any damage that could occur
    Last edited by kiwi shooter; 07-27-2017, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

the conversation i had with a timney tech stated that this rigger would not work with the mini. i have yet to try one.
      they may have made it compatible but i do know that the mini trigger assembly is different than the other howas.

Comment

• kiwi shooter
        Warrior
        • Mar 2017

Mine is ether the same or exactly the same design but slightly different size as the guy on YouTube's standard length action
        Same trigger houseing with exactly the same internals but could be slightly reduced size

Id have to look at a brand new standard action howa and compare to know for sure

Comment

• smcdurmon
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2015

The Timney and Rifle Basix Triggers will fit the Howa Mini Action and function, BUT the problem is when you go to put the barreled action back in the stock.

You would have to modify the Trigger and Bottom "Metal" for the rifle to be put back together correctly.

I found this out after I ordered a Rifle Basix Trigger for my Mini.

Comment

• lrgrendel
            Warrior
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by smcdurmon View Post
            The Timney and Rifle Basix Triggers will fit the Howa Mini Action and function, BUT the problem is when you go to put the barreled action back in the stock.

You would have to modify the Trigger and Bottom "Metal" for the rifle to be put back together correctly.

Assuming you are talking about the original Howa stock, I have the LSS chassis?

Comment

• smcdurmon
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2015

That's correct. I'm not sure if it will fit the LSS Chassis or not. It will bolt right up to the barreled action and function properly with the barreled action out of the Factory Stock.

Comment

• Dinny
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

I wonder if the LSS trigger guard is deeper than the Howa triggerguard? I can measure my triggerguard if you can measure your LSS.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• smcdurmon
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2015

You guys might want to measure the opening where the trigger goes through also. The Trigger Housing is a little wider than the opening to the Trigger Guard.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2013

Please explain exactly what part you want measured and I will do that. Good idea BTW!

I have had a lengthy conversation with Timney and they seem to think they can shorten the trigger adjustment screw NOT the sear adjustment screw in the front, and it should fit.

The sear adjustment screw on the factory trigger is as far forward in the well of my LSS chassis, there is plenty of room at the rear of the trigger....
                    Last edited by lrgrendel; 08-02-2017, 03:10 AM. Reason: ..

Comment

• Dinny
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2016

I'm confused now. Is the issue that the timney trigger is too wide to fit into the factory trigger guard slot or that it's too long and bottoms out on the inside bottom of the trigger guard?

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• smcdurmon
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2015

The slot from the trigger guard that goes up into the stock is not wide enough and the trigger itself is too long and would bottom out on the trigger guard if you open up the slot so the bottom "metal" could be slid into the stock in the correct position.

The bottom of the trigger housing will also protrude into the trigger guard area a little as well. The trigger housing for the standard action Howa 1500 is a little taller (top to bottom) than the trigger housing for the Howa Mini.

This is all information for the Factory Bottom "Metal" and Stock, so I have no idea if it would work on the Chassis.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2013

Just got off the phone from Timney. Frustrated as hell. They now tell me the trigger they are selling for the mini is the same as the regular Howa 1500. I sent them numerous photos of my chassis 2 weeks ago but got no where.
                          They said to send my trigger in to them. I am very close to just cutting the spring.....

Any ideas where to get a spring. You would almost have to walk into a store with the spring in your hand to compare??

I will post some photos here in a minute.

There is over 1/4" between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard.
                          Last edited by lrgrendel; 08-22-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by smcdurmon View Post

Did you buy the Timney as well and it would not fit back in your stock after attaching it to the action?
                            Thanks

Comment

• smcdurmon
                              Bloodstained
                              • Feb 2015

I just ordered the Rifle Basix, but the Timney will have the same size housing considering they are both for a Standard Howa 1500.

I did a Spring Compression on my factory trigger instead of cutting the spring. I compressed the spring with a pair of pliers instead of cutting it down. Use a Mic and measure the length as if you had cut off 1.5 coils, then press it in pliers until you get it to that length.

I also Compress the trigger spring, just a bit with my fingers, but not much. I adjusted the tension screw to its lightest setting. It took me about 3 times of taking the trigger apart making a tweak or 2, then putting it back together.

My Factory Trigger now breaks clean at 1lb 13oz.

Comment

Working...
                              X