• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apparition
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
    Well mine came in yesterday and I assembled it this morning. The fit and finish of these parts is excellent and I am loving the look of this upper. One bummer is the FDE is nowhere near a match to my cerkoted Aero lower or my Duracoated Palmetto lower seen in these pictures so I hope that LaRue offers a lower down the line that matches. It wont keep me from shooting it though. I decided not to assemble any of the lower parts since I dont have a matching lower. The lower I have it on has a Geisselle SSA-E trigger so that is the one I want to shoot it on. I will have it out for testing next week. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9544[/ATTACH]
    Good person to do an SSA-E vs MBT comparison, nice looking rifle

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Apparition View Post
      Good person to do an SSA-E vs MBT comparison, nice looking rifle
      Thanks, I have actually had both triggers in several rifles. I think the SSA-E is just slightly better, the second stage is lighter and just a little more crisp. For the money though you cannot beat the MBT, especially when they have it on sale for $99. I currently have 4 rifles with MBT triggers including my PRS gun in Creedmoor.

Comment

• Crews
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2017

I just saw this on another forum. Seems like a pretty poor fit at the back part of the upper receiver to lower, although I'm not sure what lower this is. Has anyone else seen this issue with a non-Larue lower?

larue upper.jpg

Comment

• Apparition
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crews View Post
          I just saw this on another forum. Seems like a pretty poor fit at the back part of the upper receiver to lower, although I'm not sure what lower this is. Has anyone else seen this issue with a non-Larue lower?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9553[/ATTACH]
          Are you pointing out the design of the LaRue doesn't match some random lower? Mine doesn't match my MEGA billet (different design) but it fits damn near perfect.

Comment

• Crews
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2017

I am not necessarily worried about aesthetics, as long as the function is fine. The fella I referred to above mentioned that it was a poor fit with a variety of lowers. I was just curious, glad to hear it fits well with a Mega. I've got a kit inbound, and was planning on getting a Mega billet too. I guess that's a good choice.
            Last edited by Crews; 08-11-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• i303
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2017

I put mine on an Aero FDE. All else is the LT that came in the kit. I'm not that picky as far as the looks go. Push come to shove, if LT doesn't sell some LT billet lowers, I'll cerakote my AR15.com lower FDE. As long as it's functional and will do what I want t to do I'm not that concerned on matching

Comment

• Vonkendell
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2017

What optic set up are you planning to use with the Larue Kit?

I am new to the grendel and would like to know what optic set up your planning to use. I have the burris mtac 1.5-6 on one of my 556 ar's and it is a great scope. I believe this is the one that was an option for those that bought the assembled rifle from LaRue.
                I will be using this rifle for hunting and range shooting. In Tennessee so not at high elevation.
                What optics are you going to use with the kit and why did you select them.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance

Von

Comment

• Ditcher
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

I ran across these the other day. Very temping to order one as well. Anyone know if this is going to be the normal price for the kit or is this a sale they are having? If its a normal price I can wait a few weeks then.

Comment

• 1911man
                    Warrior
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by Ditcher View Post
                    I ran across these the other day. Very temping to order one as well. Anyone know if this is going to be the normal price for the kit or is this a sale they are having? If its a normal price I can wait a few weeks then.
                    LaRue has been very vague in the answer of that question. They would lead us to believe this is a limited run, and they may not offer this kit again. Many people have asked if just the barrel and bolt will be available for sale at some point with the answer being unknown.

Comment

• RNRoad
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
                      What are you doing wasting your time typing here for? Go shoot it and feed our need to see it in action, LOL
                      So I finally got out and spent a little quality time with this upper. Pretty decent accuracy with ELD-M Blacks.

Larue Sight In.jpg

I mated the upper to my Spikes lower with the Geissele SSE trigger that I had on my other Larue Stealth upper. Not the best match on fitment but the results certainly are stellar.

Patiently waiting on ML to offer up some of those sweet lowers to complete this build with some 100% genuine Larue goodness.
                      Last edited by RNRoad; 08-14-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• 1911man
                        Warrior
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by RNRoad View Post
                        So I finally got out and spent a little quality time with this upper. Pretty decent accuracy with ELD-M Blacks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9554[/ATTACH]

I mated the upper to my Spikes lower with the Geissele SSE trigger that I had on my other Larue Stealth upper. Not the best match on fitment but the results certainly are stellar.

Patiently waiting on ML to offer up some of those sweet lowers to complete this build with some 100% genuine Larue goodness.
                        Nice, I cant wait to see more and more people showing similar results.

Comment

• 1911man
                          Warrior
                          • May 2015

Well I got out and shot mine yesterday in the late afternoon/evening. This was more of a function test than an accuracy test because my local range is absolute garbage. Lousy benches and guys next to you on both sides emptying magazines. Most of my groups with boxed ELD ammo were right at 1 MOA with one that was 3/4 MOA. Each group would have 2-3 rounds right on top of each other but the 4th and 5th shots would open it up a bit which is what I am used to seeing with boxed ammo. Looks like I need to start developing some hand loads for it.

Comment

• Vonkendell
                            Unwashed
                            • Jul 2017

Received the seeking sp223
                            Gen2 lower. Not perfect fit but very very close. Fits snugly but not too snugly. Looked at a lot of lowers and a lot of reviews and comments before selecting the sermons. I got the logoed version
                            At buds. I like the Ambi bolt release and the trigger adjustment
                            Screw. Not having to use a small punch n hammer is nice
                            Not the cheapest not the most expensive. Is a billet not forged
                            Flat black finish. Good match
                            Ordered a burris mtac 4.5-14
                            Scope with a burris pepr mount
                            And a fast fire for close up use
                            Now I have to put my hk91 on gunbroker.

Von

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

I checked and my LaRue upper fits on my Sharps Bros Hellbreaker billet lower just fine. Not anywhere near as tight as it is on the LaRue lower.

I color-filled my receivers:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                                Chieftain
                                • Oct 2016

HA! I thought I was a nerd for wanting to do the same thing. I was going either white or a very dark brown. Looks better than I hoped it would. Very well done sir!
                                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                                X