• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlhwv
    Bloodstained
    • May 2017

LaRue Ultimate Upper offer

If anyone is in the market for an upper, as part of a larger upper offer, Larue is offering a 18" upper for just under 900. You will have to buy some parts you might not want, but for $900 bucks unassembled, you can get a piece that is of the highest quality workmanship in the industry. It's the same upper as on the entire rifle as reviewed by LRPF52 in another post. It's listed as a limited time offer. As an owner of multiple LaRue rifles, I can say their engineering is at the top of the production market and this deal, if you break down everything you are getting...including Cerakote on the receiver and rail....it's one heck of a deal.

Carl
    NRA Patron Member, frequent supporter of the ILA, when knives are on offer
    Living free and willing to lay it down to keep it that way......
    Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do
  • CastorTroy
    Warrior
    • Mar 2015

when they offer up a 14.5" predatobr grendel, i am in

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Helluva deal. Just add lower and watch it shoot!
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• ccasanova
        Warrior
        • Mar 2016

Very tempting.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

So, I'm getting one. Can't decide if the cerakote is worth the extra $$... I really like black on these rifles. Any opinions about the cerakote vs anodizing as far as longevity/durability? I really like the FDE too... ugh. UGH.

(It's a great problem to have)
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• 1911man
            Warrior
            • May 2015

I want one of these set ups so bad, I am trying hard to control myself but the temptation grows everyday.

Comment

• carlhwv
              Bloodstained
              • May 2017

It's the best deal going hands down. All you need is a stripped lower, some assembly skills, and you have a sub MOA rifle. Go with a good 7076 billet lower....do it justice.
              Carl
              Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do

Comment

• js8588
                Warrior
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                So, I'm getting one. Can't decide if the cerakote is worth the extra $$... I really like black on these rifles. Any opinions about the cerakote vs anodizing as far as longevity/durability? I really like the FDE too... ugh. UGH.

(It's a great problem to have)
                Get it sans cerakote. You can always get it done later to match your lower.

Comment

• Lastrites
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2017

Would love one, don't need a trigger, stock, rec. extension or muzzle device, having to buy what I need not want makes it a tougher sell.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

Got mine. Went black. Now, many questions remain. Hopefully I can talk to someone over there tomorrow and get some more details.

IE -

BCG: Material? Finish? Bolt material/finish/manufacturer? (none of this matters of these items are made in house...)

Barrel material and finish - 416, 4150, nitride, melonite, qpq, pvd, etc... inquiring minds want to know! (It looks cerakoted on the Larue page, I hope it is more than just that)

Build specs. Anything I should do with the Larue system that is beyond the "normal" uppers I've put together already? (Barrel torque specs, bedding the extension in the receiver, not mil-spec -LARUE spec dammit!)

I also have a Geissele RR on the way. If this thing comes anything like what it looks like in the picture on the site, then I don't have many worries. Man, now the hardest part starts, the wait! Thanks for pointing this out, I have wanted a LARUE for a long time, and price just killed my dream. I told myself one day! Now, that day has come, and I cannot wait to get it together (there is satisfaction in this for those that like to turn their own wrenches) and see what I can do with my very own LARUE GRENDEL.
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• 1911man
                      Warrior
                      • May 2015

I went ahead and ordered one, just couldnt stop myself. I went ahead with the FDE although I probably should have passed on it so everything will match later.

Comment

• carlhwv
                        Bloodstained
                        • May 2017

Me too.....FDE is hard to match, but maybe now they are offer kits we will get a shot at a lower someday. Oh well....I'm sure we won't too disappointed....
                        Carl

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

For those asking about the color match, here is one of my personal builds in the same light above the LaRue Stealth 2.0 FDE rifle.

Not only does the FDE Cerakote match, but the color match of the LaRue furniture is one of the best I've ever seen. I took the magazine from the build above and put it in the LaRue. Perfect color match.

I actually like the RAT stock a lot. I was thinking about ditching it before I got the rifle, then trying to figure out how to be polite somehow to LaRue.

It and the A-PEG are staying on the rifle. I've never seen a deal where one of the top quality companies offers billet receivers and handguards for $99 each. That's crazy talk. Then the $99 barrel?

Get them while you can. I'm even thinking about ordering a kit or 2 and he just sent me the complete rifle.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• carlhwv
                            Bloodstained
                            • May 2017

Did you do your own Cerakote job? If not, who did?
                            Last edited by carlhwv; 08-01-2017, 03:04 AM.
                            Carl

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

It's my Cerakote on the top rifle, factory LaRue Cerakote over FDE anodizing, which is really impressive.

By using FDE anodizing first, they can control the internal dimensions of the upper receiver especially for optimum interface with the OD of the bolt carrier rails.

The lower receiver also maintains the FDE color inside with anodizing, without having to spray Cerakote down in the FCG pocket or magazine well, and avoiding the problem of Cerakote build-up in the magazine catch slot, which can interfere with magazine release. This was one of the first lessons I learned with FDE Cerakote in the AR15, and had to then polish the catch slot free of the material so the mag catch would function properly. It will do so without a magazine in there, but once you insert a loaded magazine, there is enough weight to bind against the sandpaper-like FDE and prevent the catch from extending wth finger pressure on the release button, which is a no-go for a functional rifle.

LaRue went to levels of attention-to-detail that I never expected, from butt to muzzle and everything in between.
                              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X