X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Wow smoking deal... man o man I'm tempted..

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Heh~ kid in a candy store. My invoice says "Stealth Upper - GTG", upgraded from "pending" yesterday. I went black. I have some questions, and hope they can call before shipping the kit, but even without that, I'm as happy as I was the day I shot my first deer. I will be taking a few pics on this build...

I got it unassembled, and I just found the "out shoot the Larue shooter" thread over on another board. Now, I'm really kicking myself for not getting it assembled and having a chance at the special dillo... Oh well, them's the breaks. (I bet the first trophy buck I take worthy of my wall will be with my Larue Grendel). And, I'd bet the trigger time until the season opener is a lot more exciting!

LRRPF52 sir, thank Mark for me too. His efforts have brought a kind of joy to this wanna be shooter I haven't known all that often. As I can't sleep, I'm heading out to the garage, I need a target stand I can easily move - backwards!
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Vonkendell
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

Dear Group,

Need your advice

Ordered one all in black assembled and tested. Notified today my order is being processed
        My need is advice as to what lower to purchase that will be of very good quality for this build and what additional parts or parts kit do I need to complete the lower. I have done some research and understand that a forged 7075 T6 material is what I should be looking at. Please correct me if I'm incorrect. I am currently looking at aero precision and mega arms products mostly only because I see them mentioned on build threads.

Additionally should I only get mil spec lower? Does anyone know who makes the lowers larue uses in their whole rifle packages. I want a lower that fits properly.

Does the larue kit incude all the trigger parts or should I look at a Gissele? I have never built a lower before but I have workd on my 1911's for years and I reviewed the build information and videos on the net and it seems pretty straight forward.

Thanking you in advance for all of your assistance

Von

Comment

• carlhwv
          Bloodstained
          • May 2017

The kit has everything you need, including a trigger, for an operating rifle, minus s stripped lower....all pins, springs, etc are included. That's part of what makes this such a good deal. Couple this with the quality of the products they sell and in one swipe of the cc, you have it all in one purchase.

There is the possibility that a stripped lower may be offered to those who buy the upper kit....no a guarantee, but definitely possible. The owner is very active in the AR community, and posts regularly in the Larue Industy forum on the AR board. He has alluded that he is 'keeping track' of who buys a kit, which some have taken as code for a lower offering may follow.
          He has offered them before.

If they are truly making a hard move to the builders market....they have offered assembled uppers for some time and have been increasing the number of product made in house, including barrels, triggers, and supressors....they need to offer a lower. If their previous products are any indication of what a stripped lower would be like we will all want to buy one if offered.

Personally, I'm going to hold out and see what happens. I'm going to run this upper on a LaRue lower I already own, while I wait for a month or so to see how things shake out. If they are going to offer the lowers, I think we will know pretty quick. If you need to buy one, I'd suggest to follow the lead of others here, especially LRRPF52. I have followed his advice from the get go and every piece of it has been solid.
          Carl
          NRA Patron Member, frequent supporter of the ILA, when knives are on offer
          Living free and willing to lay it down to keep it that way......
          Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do

Comment

• carlhwv
            Bloodstained
            • May 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
            Heh~ kid in a candy store. My invoice says "Stealth Upper - GTG", upgraded from "pending" yesterday. I went black. I have some questions, and hope they can call before shipping the kit, but even without that, I'm as happy as I was the day I shot my first deer. I will be taking a few pics on this build...

I got it unassembled, and I just found the "out shoot the Larue shooter" thread over on another board. Now, I'm really kicking myself for not getting it assembled and having a chance at the special dillo... Oh well, them's the breaks. (I bet the first trophy buck I take worthy of my wall will be with my Larue Grendel). And, I'd bet the trigger time until the season opener is a lot more exciting!

LRRPF52 sir, thank Mark for me too. His efforts have brought a kind of joy to this wanna be shooter I haven't known all that often. As I can't sleep, I'm heading out to the garage, I need a target stand I can easily move - backwards!
            I called them Monday and was told that even though the assembled upper will be tested, they will not come with a test target, thus no out shoot the shootist. It makes sense. There has to be certain things you can get from buying a complete rifle that you just don't get in buying the pieces. If you are comfortable putting one together, I'm sure your result will be great.

UPDATE....looks like the first batch of kit have shipped...I think we will see some Grendel's coming soon.....
            Last edited by carlhwv; 08-01-2017, 07:37 PM. Reason: Update.....
            Carl
            NRA Patron Member, frequent supporter of the ILA, when knives are on offer
            Living free and willing to lay it down to keep it that way......
            Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do

Comment

• Vonkendell
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2017

Carlhwv had high praise for your expertise. I recently added to this thread (see below) with several questions as to which lower to go with the larue upper I just ordered. I want a very good quality forged lower that will fit well-closely-- with the larue upper.

Which lower do you recommend? Where do you recommend I order it from. My upper is all black so no color issues.

Thank You

Von

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by carlhwv View Post
                I called them Monday and was told that even though the assembled upper will be tested, they will not come with a test target, thus no out shoot the shootist. It makes sense. There has to be certain things you can get from buying a complete rifle that you just don't get in buying the pieces. If you are comfortable putting one together, I'm sure your result will be great.

UPDATE....looks like the first batch of kit have shipped...I think we will see some Grendel's coming soon.....

What'll I do with my CMT ambi then? I hear another upper whispering on the wind...

All joking aside, Mr Larue seems to have his ducks in a row at this point.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• RNRoad
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2017

I've had my current Larue Stealth upper in 5.56 for quite a while and gotten great accuracy out to about 500 yards with my homebrewed 75 gr Hornady reloads. Since seeing this offer come up here on 65Grendel, I jumped at the chance to purchase one of these kits over the weekend. I'm really hoping for a Larue lower to be offered to us faithful by ML as well but have been researching other quality billet lowers to complete this kit should we not be so fortunate.

Today, I called their technical support line and asked the source directly for their recommendations to compliment this kit. Larue's Tech Support was very helpful, saying they liked the Noveske and the Sun Devil brand of billet lowers. Noveske is of course well known for their build quality but Sun Devil is a product that I've found very few positive reviews.

If anyone in the Horde can share their knowledge of the Sun Devil line, I'd be very interested in hearing more.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Sun Devil has been around for a long time. They make a great adjustable gas key as well.

Noveske makes an awesome Gen 3 billet lower with a generous funnel mag well.

Last edited by LRRPF52; 08-02-2017, 01:07 AM.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Vonkendell
                      Unwashed
                      • Jul 2017

Just unpacked the kit. Very nice
                      Fit n finish. Black
                      I still haven't decided on a lower yet. Looking hard at BAD
                      Forged lower and the forged
                      MEGA. I would like to
                      Keep the price under $250
                      And I want a good fit and quality
                      Equal to the larue upper.

What would you experts choose?

Vom

Comment

• Apparition
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Vonkendell View Post
                        Just unpacked the kit. Very nice
                        Fit n finish. Black
                        I still haven't decided on a lower yet. Looking hard at BAD
                        Forged lower and the forged
                        MEGA. I would like to
                        Keep the price under $250
                        And I want a good fit and quality
                        Equal to the larue upper.

What would you experts choose?

Vom
                        Why not a MEGA billet? I prefer the ambi. Mine have been a snug fit with LaRue uppers but MEGA's are all I use other than LaRues now.

Comment

• js8588
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2017

For a lower I'd second the Mega billet ambi (8.1oz, so pretty light) or go with the smooth side CMT ambi (no logo/roll mark) because it has an ambi mag release built in.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                            Chieftain
                            • Oct 2016

So, I broke down and bought the entire Grendel rifle complete with suppressor and 5.56 cartridge. For that kind of scratch on the extras, couldn't pass it up. Now, what to do with this nice, un-opened, 6.5 in-the-black Grendel Ultimate Upper box? Hmmmm decisions decisions. Anyone not pulled the trigger that's interested? I could forward Mark's box of goodies...

Comment

• Apparition
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2014

Nice, I bought one of each too. You're gonna like that rifle.

Comment

• Burt Macklin
                                Unwashed
                                • Aug 2017

Since Mark has hinted that he will allow ultimate upper purchasers the opportunity to buy a LaRue lower, I'm going with a less expensive billet lower $120.00 from Runner Runner Guns. I'll shoot with it until LaRue makes the lowers offering.

Comment

Working...
                                X