• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WSAR15
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2017

Newbie 1st build - a couple build questions

I am gathering the parts for my first 6.5 Grendel.

I will use a Noreen billet U/L receiver set and Larue Tactical MBT-2S trigger which I already own.

Thus far I have ordered a Lilja 20" SS 6.5-8 AR740 (non-fluted) barrel and their Maxim Firearms bolt.
    The handguard should be a Fortis or Rainier Arms 15" M-Lok Switch. The stock a Magpul PRS-3.

- I hesitate on the gas block - should it be adjustable. If so which one would you recommend?
    - What about the barrel end - Flash suppressor or compensator - which one? Or nothing?

Thanks for your help. Any and all advice on all items is most welcome.
  • Wafavre2
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

Welcome!
    Go with an adjustable gas block it will save you from having to buy one when you get a Supressor. SLR gas block. There is a review on compensators and the SJC Titan is about 75% reduction in felt recoil.

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

I went down this road for the end of barrel, decided I didn't want a true brake like the SJC Titan mentioned above and while it seems to be a wonderful brake the concussion was more than I wanted and the Grendel really doesn't recoil all that much but enough so there was more barrel movement than I wanted and it seems most brakes tend to be long and heavy. So that made me veer to the left and started a search on comps. Comps help to minimize barrel movement more so that recoil reduction but tend to be produce a good amount of flash which I didn't really want but the concussion isn't typically nearly as bad as a brake and the OAL of most are shorter and tend to weigh less.

Then I stumbled upon flash comps that help with flash and minimize barrel movement and don't produce a huge concussion wave of which for my use seemed to be the ticket. In the end I went with a Griffin flash comp and after putting a good number of rounds through it I am glad I went this route and would do it again as it seems to hit all of my wants. Less than 3" long, under 3oz, flat muzzle, no real noticeable flash and concussion is hardly felt and feels about the same as the original A-2ish that originally came with the upper.
      Last edited by Lastrites; 07-30-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X