Whats up with the AR Stoner Barrels at Midway?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borregobob
    • Apr 2024

Whats up with the AR Stoner Barrels at Midway?

They used to go for over $300 for a barrel bolt combo and feedback was great. Mine is fanstastic. Now they droped to $130 without a bolt and the feedback is terrible. What gives how come the huge price change and apparent huge quality drop? Does not AR Stoner make them anymore?
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

most likely they found someone to make them for them, at a cheaper price
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• keystone183
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by borregobob View Post
      They used to go for over $300 for a barrel bolt combo and feedback was great. Mine is fanstastic. Now they droped to $130 without a bolt and the feedback is terrible. What gives how come the huge price change and apparent huge quality drop? Does not AR Stoner make them anymore?
      AR Stoner is just a house brand. Midway has never manufactured them (or probably anything with the name AR Stoner on it). Years ago they were made by Liberty, but they switched from them, and i'm guessing they have switched again.

Comment

• Mytie
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

I bought a Ar Stoner 6.5 Grendel 24 inch barrel. I haven't shoot mine yet. I called midway and ask who makes those barrels the rep said I can't disclose that info. I think Bear Creek Armory makes the 24 inch barrel. Some reviews are good not all are bad. I did get the barrel for $149+$99 BCG so $248 total glad to see they came down in price.
        Last edited by Mytie; 07-31-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• borregobob

Been doing some research it appears they were made by Satern/Liberty when they were getting good results and made by Bear Creek Arsenal now that the price and quality has dropped. Seems that terrible groups are now the norm or at least whats reported online. To bad.

- LRRPF52: Been doing some research, have you?-
          Last edited by LRRPF52; 08-04-2017, 03:18 AM. Reason: Retread trashing other manufacturers/promoting those he' does group buys with

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Hmm. A sample of 5 reviews. Two 5 star's, one Three star, a 2 star and a 1 star. Three of the 5 would recommend the barrel to a friend. The distribution would statistically favor the 5 star reviews, but it still doesn't seem like a sample size I would care to draw any conclusions from, good or bad.

Are you in the market for one of these barrels, or are you simply commenting on what you perceive as a trend?
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• borregobob

Thats not the only source of reviews results on this page also show bad results as well as other sites and youtube. Over all looks like poor quality across the board.

- Punctuation, no apostrophes, no periods at ends of sentence, "overall" vs Over all, and trashing another barrel maker in attempts to promote ones he does group buys with - LRRP
              Last edited by LRRPF52; 08-04-2017, 03:18 AM. Reason: Retread, reasons listed

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                Warrior
                • May 2017

Well then, I would recommend that you not buy one. :-)

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Better still, post some first hand information after you've bought one and evaluated it.
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Biggest issue with the 18" Liberty barrels from Midway was .0935" gas ports on a MLGS.

Way too much gas, but can be tamed with adjustable gas and heavy buffer, but it isn't ideal that way.

I checked OP's info and am referring this to admin. Pretty sure we have a retread.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Locked until review by Admin
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                      X