X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smcdurmon
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

I have a Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x44 on my Mini right now, but I will be upgrading to a Nightforce SHV F1 4-14x50 in the next couple of weeks.

Here is a 10 shot group at 100yds with the American Eagle 90gr TNT and a couple 100yd and 200yd 3 shot groups with this setup.

The fliers were caused by having a bipod attached to the factory stock. I took the bipod off and shot the top right 100yd group.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smcdurmon; 08-11-2017, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• 4570govt
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2017

Looks good to me! I have found, even slinging up, I am not having any problems with fliers, groups are usually well centered. I call my shots, I know when I pulled one or not. That said, I wouldn't mind a good wooden stock for it!

Comment

• Durango95
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        I went with the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 MRAD SFP I had, which is a great little target scope with good glass and a lot of features, tracks well, zero stop, etc.

She's beautiful!

Comment

• jkingrph
          Warrior
          • Aug 2014

I don't have a Howa, but opted for a CZ 527 for two major reasons, a walnut stock and metal magazine. I put a Leupold vx3i 3.5-10 on mine. I shopped around and found one on ebay probably six months before I got the rifle. Price was very good and dealer was reputable so I went for it.
          Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• 4570govt
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
            I don't have a Howa, but opted for a CZ 527 for two major reasons, a walnut stock and metal magazine. I put a Leupold vx3i 3.5-10 on mine. I shopped around and found one on ebay probably six months before I got the rifle. Price was very good and dealer was reputable so I went for it.
            I have a couple of 527's in .223, one a FS, the other a Lux model. Both are very nice, accurate rifles!

Comment

• jkingrph
              Warrior
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by 4570govt View Post
              I have a couple of 527's in .223, one a FS, the other a Lux model. Both are very nice, accurate rifles!
              I have one other a .22 Hornet in the Prestige model, The only difference I see in the current American is that the Prestige has a jeweled bolt, bueing is possibly a little deeper and better polished. Stock was supposed to be a better grade of wood when I bought it, but it's really nothing to write home about.

I would like a full stock preferably with the European hogback style, maybe in .223 or Hornet, .218 Bee would be ideal.
              Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• Dinny
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

I just put a Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x50 on my Mini. It's mounted in Burris SS Zee rings and has been sighted to the same point the last scope was sighted. I hope to test this scope tomorrow if the weather permits.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• SDguy
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
                  I went with a similar scope on my first cz 527 6.5 Grendel build and like it very much. However for the type of hunting I encounter the determination has been made that I am over scoped on occation to frequent to allow to continue.

Just mounted a Vortex 2-7 on the new CZ527 in 6.5 Grendel today. This 2x7 I am optomistic will better fit my type of use going forward. Time will tell.

I have had a long archery hunting background and prefer to get close.

Really just depends on your use. If I am really wanting a 300 yard plus gun and don't get me wrong I know my Grendel can be capable at the longer ranges. still I would likely opt for a 6.5 Creedmoor for the additional fps.

I have had a long archery hunting background and just prefer to get close.

Comment

Working...
                  X