• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coleman79
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

CZ 527 grendel

Hey guys just probing to see who out there has as close to the same build as myself and has stretched theres out to its limits. Mine is a CZ 527 obviously with a 27" bartlien barrel i had it throated pretty deep. Its favorite load is CFE 223 behind 130gr Berger vld itll easily pushes 2650fps on my chrony. I built the rifle to play around at 1000yrds not competing by no means just loved the round and a big CZ fan. Just haven't had a chance to stretch her out yet just wondering what results you guys out there are getting with a similar build and load.
  • jkingrph
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

No comparison, mine is a completely stock 527 American that I only got about 4 weeks ago after a very long wait. It has the 24" barrel. With a sporter type stock I cannot imagine a 27" barrel, and I like a long barrel (the longest I have is a 1929 vintage Husqvarna model 46 that has a barrel almost 26")

The nearest range which I use only goes out to about 300 yards, and only loads I have tried are factory so far, Wolf 123 and Hornandy 12 sst. The day I shot it was so hot and humid, with sweat running into my eyes did not make for a good experience or good groups, but the gun did ok condisdering the conditions. Max range I shot was 100 that day. I never planned on 1000 as I simply do not know of a range that long anywhere near. After reading all the reports of CFE 223 I picked up a big jug , hoping it lives up the claim of keeping copper fouling down.
    Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

Working...
    X