X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakerz
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

I can't stand the look of that Lancer though, I think I would go with http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com...ht-stock-combo. It looks better and is lighter, you still have to add a buffer tube to the lancer right?

Jake

Comment

• js8588
      Warrior
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Jakerz View Post
      I can't stand the look of that Lancer though, I think I would go with http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com...ht-stock-combo. It looks better and is lighter, you still have to add a buffer tube to the lancer right?

Jake
      And I hate the look of the "minimalist" stocks like that Battle Arms. Cheek weld (for me) on that style sucks too (and twice the $). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say...personally I dig the carbon fiber look.

I bought the Lancer and I'm happy with it. YMMV.

Comment

• kevperro
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2017

I swapped out my adjustable for the Magpul fixed MOE in rifle length and I couldn't be happier. I was worried that LOP would be too long for me because I'm short and stocky but I love it. The stock and shooting position comfort are so important to me. No wobble.... perfect cheek weld..... good price.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

Hey OP, I don't know if you have decided yet, but I loved my ACS-L. I'd reccommend it whole heartedly. Easy to use, solid as a rock after the second cinch latch is closed, and fits my average frame like a glove. I can't speak to the heavier more adjustable stocks, and wanted to try them. But, for the price, and the weight, I don't think you could go wrong with it. My two cents.

P.S. if you look under my sale post, Mine is for sale.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• todd458
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2017

Got it

Comment

• scroder
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2016

Take a look at the Magpul UBR--love it on my Grendel for long range shooting.

Comment

• funnelcake
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2017

Late but I decided to use the MOE fixed carbine stock (FCS). With the extended PRS buttpad installed it's the same LOP as an A1 stock (which I prefer despite having monkey arms). To me the neat thing is it takes less than 5-minutes to change out for an adjustable carbine stock, swap scope for red dot & lose the bipod. Then ya got a 6-ish pound blaster to have fun, cheap plinking with Wolf fodder for the kids.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

IDK if this helps but arf.com has a database here:
                  Welcome The PWD Welcome to the AR15 Parts Weights Database. I'm your host, jekbrown. This Google Sheet is an archive of part weight data with the objective of serving as a part-selection tool for the custom AR assembler. In addition to weights, other useful information has been archived in the P...

I like the old A2 stocks myself and quit frankly you all are making me miss having one. I just bought six of the MFT minimalist stocks because for $36 each or so on sale. It doesn't get much better. At all. Klem makes a great point but I don't think sliding on a rear bag is the end all, maybe I'm wrong? But my main goal was a long range light weight Hunter stalker as well. I kinda like the cane look. And about 70% of manufacturer's had the MFT on their display guns as well. It's a tight fitting adjustable stock it doesn't rattle.
                  I was also seriously looking at the hogue as well because it doesn't rattle. People complain it doesn't slide easily but so what, I guess they like cheap rattling toys sounds.

The Zulu stock from Odin also looks bad arse I'd love to try one. But it's more of a target setup. But looks light weight and worth llchecking out.
                  Good luck!
                  Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 08-12-2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

I changed out from a CTR collapsible for the MOE rifle (fixed) buttstock for the same reasons of 1 less flex point. Added the thicker buttpad and it's doing great for me. I'm not an expert more of an avg shooter but this works well and the cheek weld seems to be a good fit too. 18" medium heavy barrel. Good overall balance. PRS was too much money for me, plus out in the woods it just looks like more adjustable places that can get knocked out of whack accidentally.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2013

Yeah, I have become a Mission First Tactical minimalist stock fan as well and have them on 4 AR15s. To be honest, as much as I like the light weight, I find the shape to be most functional. It does everything I need and even works as a handle.
                      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• jackwagon
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2017

I have the MFT minimalist stock on a 20'' 556 gun. A rear bag is useless to try and use off a bench, but if you put your off hand in the hook and press it in your shoulder it works pretty good. I like them.

Comment

• Cockednlocked
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post

A top-end barrel and scope for bench-rest will be at the mercy of any play in the stock if you go collapsible.

I know it's a feature of AR15's to be able to collapse the stock but frankly, do you really need this? I ask the question because a collapsible brings with it the risk of play in what sounds like a scenario where you want it to be as rigid as possible.

With a 20" barrel you won't find that collapsing the stock a few inches is going to be of much benefit....
                          FWIW, I have the Magpul ACS on my rifle, and it serves well for precision shooting. The adjustability of it is nice for establishing your optimum length of pull, your most comfortable cheek weld and eye relief. The slight amount of "wiggle" mine has is only in a rotational direction around the buffer tube, maybe 0.05", and once you press the lock, it doesn't move at all. I can maintain 1-1/4 MOA out to 1000 yards with the Grendel, so whatever movement my buttstock might have hasn't seemed to hurt me.

From a personal use standpoint, the collapsibility is useful because I use a single lower for two uppers. The Grendel is used for bench and long-range shooting, and my 300BLK upper is for CQB, and the buttstock is fully collapsed for maneuverability when used for that.

Comment

• Rob57
                            Unwashed
                            • Jul 2016

I put an XLR tactical AR butt stock on my JP and am very happy with design and build quality. Lots of adjustments and rock solid - weigh 22 oz. Really helped to shrink my groups.

Maximize rifle adaptability with the TR-2 tactical buttstock, offering diverse adjustments for the perfect fit. Compatible with XLR chassis, and can be configured for AR 15’s, upgrade your shooting today.

Comment

• diddlyv
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2016

I got the Luth AR for my grendel with the 20 inch Odin DMR barrel. Only took one trip to the range 3 separate 3 round groups all sub minute. Given I have a national match build A2 AR I can always swap out and use that lower with a match trigger and A2 stock if I find the need for a more solid bottom end
                              Queen of Battle
                              Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• AZBackcountry
                                Bloodstained
                                • Nov 2016

I hope you took Klems advice in the 1st post reply. I used Magpul's MOE Rifle Fixed Stocks on all long range hunting AR's because I want a solid platform for accuracy. This last Saturday I put one of them through the ultimate test. My son and I were tracking an injured bear through the bottom of a very nasty AZ canyon over boulders the size of trucks while wearing packs. I lost my footing on a rock-slide and slid 30 ft using the stock as a trekking pole/rudder trying to protect the rest of the rifle and my arm. We were amazed that the stock survived with just some unique new textures. The buffer tube was undamaged also.
                                Life is fun when your ammo budget is more than your house payment.

Comment

Working...
                                X