• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeanD
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

Anyone use Maxim barrels?

Looking for feedback and reviews of the Maxim barrels. Price is right, less than others. Maxim has a good reputation for machining, 6.5 bolts, etc. but I don't know if they have the right tooling necessary for a precision and accurate barrel.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

The Maxim website list the 6.5 Grendel barrel as using a Grendel II chamber. It is rumored these are Satern button rifled barrels as Satern/Liberty are the main supplier of barrels using Grendel II chamber.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Depends on just how accurate you want and how much you want to spend. Almost all high end barrels shoot. Most of the mid level shoot very well. Low end barrels can be hit n miss.

I have no idea about maxim but if you must have accurate, I say save your money and buy once.
      Last edited by rabiddawg; 08-08-2017, 12:38 PM.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• DeanD
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2017

He says they are 5R "button broached". I asked two time in e-mails if he buys the barrels from someone else; or does he buy rifled blanks from someone else and then he finishes them; or does he make the whole barrel including doing the rifling. Side-stepped that question both times. If he would tell me what he would be selling me I might buy one but otherwise I am going someplace else.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

They make great bolts, I can tell you that.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X