• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bemachinist
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Sac 2017

My best friend and I will be competing in the Sniper Adventure Challenge next month in Wyoming. We'll both be running 6.5 Grendels. It might a little late for training up for this type of event if you're not all ready in shape, but I highly recommend signing up for such an epic test of one's physical, mental abilities and gear.

• LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Yeah, if you haven't been seriously training, you will be finished fairly quickly.

Wish I could be there for med coverage again, but I'm broke physically and would be a casualty myself.

Just pulling med coverage in ATVs and dune buggies is a physically and mentally-demanding task over 3 days.

The teams that gut-check this event are basically slamming one of the SF selection programs into 3 days of self-torture and adventure.

Great people to interact with though, and the Competition Dynamics organizers run a tight ship.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bemachinist
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2017

Yeah, CD does a great job at this event. Hats off to the volunteers running the show in the back ground. They basically have no sleep too for 40 hours straight too. Have you been there in the past? I may know you.

Comment

• SDet
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

Great, some guys I could bum ammo off of.

I've been training on and off for the last year, my teammate has been training much harder. Watch for a guy with a purple ar, that'll be me.

Comment

• Bemachinist
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2017

Awesome! We'll be the guys that look like we shouldn't be there. Should be a good one. We missed last year, but have completed every SAC since 2012. I'll give you ammo so I don't have to carry it!

Comment

• SDet
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

Fair enough, I RO'd last year, so at least I have an idea.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Bemachinist View Post
              Yeah, CD does a great job at this event. Hats off to the volunteers running the show in the back ground. They basically have no sleep too for 40 hours straight too. Have you been there in the past? I may know you.
              I've done Med Coverage for at least 2 SACs so far:

Last edited by LRRPF52; 08-10-2017, 10:16 PM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bemachinist
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2017

Yup Mayhill those last few pics. My buddy Cody and I remember getting delirious marching with the dung beetles out in the middle of no where. The most tortuous SAC in my opinion, lol

Good times.

A few pics from 2014 and 2015

sac-2015-1.jpgimage1(1).jpgsac-2015-2.jpg

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

If you guys were in the RV, I came and chatted a bit with you for 2014 SAC I think. Spoke a bit with the guy who had been with Force in Oki.

Guys shooting POFs, right?

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bemachinist
                      Unwashed
                      • Aug 2017

Yup, that was us. I remember that. I was busy getting all my junk in order still. We shot like crap, but did decent enough overall to place second.

Those Rangers are some crafty, tough hombres, good stand up guys.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Bemachinist View Post
                        Yup, that was us. I remember that. I was busy getting all my junk in order still. We shot like crap, but did decent enough overall to place second.

Those Rangers are some crafty, tough hombres, good stand up guys.
                        At the stages I watched them shoot at, they had no misses with carbine, rifle, and pistol.

There was that one stage where you couldn't find prone or any recognizable position on the rock outcrop looking SE.

I have pics of another Team (Marine Scout Sniper Instructor and Scout Sniper team) on it.

Fuller and his partner cleaned that station in all the stages, which is insane when you factor in how smoked people are.

Some of the best shooters out there struggle, especially with pistol, after having walked all over tarnation for 2 days straight without sleep, at higher altitude, with minimal nutrition and aching backs, knees, hips, destroyed feet, on the verge of delirium.

When I watched those dudes clean that stage, I was very impressed. They just hit everything with carbine and rifle like it was easy, then went down and cleaned the pistol plate rack like they were running tuned race gun pistols with light loads, only they were shooting Glocks.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bemachinist
                            Unwashed
                            • Aug 2017

Yeah 2014 was a terrible year for shooting for us.

2015 we did much better. Too bad you can't make it out this year LRRPF52, it's a different venue. From the clues CD has been giving, some technical climbing is included.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

They need ROs. Wish I could be there, but I'm just barely driving again as of this week. Still doing physical therapy.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X