• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • todd458
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2017

Vx 6hd 44mm vs 50 mm

VX 6hd 3x18. Would you go with the 44 or the 50 mm . I've heard pros and cons with both.
    A friend of mine said that a Leopold rep told him that if he was older and his vision was not that good that 40 would be better than 50 because too much light could make things worse. Now mind you, that goes against everything that I've ever heard , as my vision has definitely gotten worse and I would think more like coming in would be a benefit . I was going to call Leopold myself but I'm sure some of you would know just the same. This is for a AR 6.5 Grendel build
  • todd458
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2017

Should've just kept it in the same post in other thread . Should not have started another thread. Sorry my fault

Comment

• Keef
      Warrior
      • Jun 2017

I have a 44mm 3-18vx6 and really like it.

Comment

• todd458
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2017

Thanks

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Both feature great glass, and most people Probobly would never tell the difference. Only two things I would contemplate are,
          A)do you mind, and have room to mount the 50mm objective

B) are you hunting/shooting in extremely low light conditions where the 50mm objective will be beneficial? If so, if get the 50mm. If not, 44mm will save you some money and a wee tiny bit of weight.

Comment

• Keef
            Warrior
            • Jun 2017

To add to Kilco's comments.

The 44 already seems a little large on my 6.5. The glass is good enough that I can still clearly make out deer .5hr after legal shooting time is over(1hr after sunset). So for me there isn't much to gain from the 50mm.

Comment

• todd458
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2017

Thanks guys. Good info

Comment

Working...
              X