Call out for current Iphone ballistics app.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Call out for current Iphone ballistics app.

What are you all using for MOA and holdover calculators when you're at the range? I have recently found a place to stretch the Gr out beyond 500 yds, and am wanting a good way to record dope from one range session to the next. I am hoping there's an app that lets me cut the ugly handwritten pages out of my range bag. If I could also take pics of targets with group analysis for posterity, well that would be great too.

Thanks for any input, I'm really new to MOA long range, and love the challenge presented my lengthening the Grendel's stride - and the rewards of doing so.

Suggestions welcome, but remember, Ios. Any reference to android programs will immediately be expelled from school until you decide to play nice.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

I use Ballistic AE, an iOS only app. It provides all the ballistics, load library, and range card capabilities I need. Like a few others, it also has an extensive cartridge library, as well as Brian Litz's G7 data for your own loads. One of the key reasons I selected Ballistic AE is that it syncs with my iPad, which gives me a much more comfortable platform to work from while at home.

Others have used Strelok, Shooter and Applied Ballistics to great effect.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• hikfromstik
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Nikon spot on app. With my lilja ar24 barrel I almost always hit my 600yd on first shot with Hornady eld 123gr . I use the the nikoplex (non bdc) setting on my vortex razor scope. 64 clicks at 600yds always hits the 1/2 size ipsc steel silhouette. It may take a click up or down to hit center , but it's pretty darn accurate. On my 18" 223 AR I take 100fps off the velocity and it's almost always dead nuts with match ammo . It's a crap shoot with cheap plinking ammo at longer distance.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

I use Shooter and it's pretty much spot on and I think it's the cheapest of the bunch at $10. I bought Ballistics AE after reading Litz but frankly haven't found the need to spend the time reinputing all of my rifles and loads into another program. Using environmental data from a Kestrel Sportsman, Shooter can give me first shot hits on 12" at 800 & 900 yards with Grendel and 308, and out to 550 with 223. The only place I've found it stray is taking 223 to 900 yards (on a windless day) - 69 gr SMKs and 77 gr NCCs. In both cases, it's an MOA low, but my SMKs are starting to go transonic a little before the target and the NCCs are blems with the blem being shorter & more open tips so the BC is probably a tad lower.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Lone Hunter
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          I use Shooter and it's pretty much spot on and I think it's the cheapest of the bunch at $10. I bought Ballistics AE after reading Litz but frankly haven't found the need to spend the time reinputing all of my rifles and loads into another program. Using environmental data from a Kestrel Sportsman, Shooter can give me first shot hits on 12" at 800 & 900 yards with Grendel and 308, and out to 550 with 223. The only place I've found it stray is taking 223 to 900 yards (on a windless day) - 69 gr SMKs and 77 gr NCCs. In both cases, it's an MOA low, but my SMKs are starting to go transonic a little before the target and the NCCs are blems with the blem being shorter & more open tips so the BC is probably a tad lower.
          I'm like StoneHendge, I use Shooter and am very satisfied with it. I have Strelock Pro and it gives different readings. In all fairness it's probably my inputs. I like Ballistics AE but they had several bug fixes that until I'm sure are fixed will not use it. I like just about anything Brian Litz does. Very smart man. All apps are just math. Put in the right math and you get the right answer.

Comment

• brian y
            Warrior
            • Dec 2016

I also use Ballistic AE. It has the ballistics, load library, and range card capabilities I need and I am very satisfied with it. I have found it very easy to use.
            NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• acourvil
              Warrior
              • Dec 2013

I have Ballistics AE and Applied Ballistics. Ballistics AE is easier to use, but AB does some things that AE doesn't if you are looking for the highest level of precision. AB has also been plagued with bugs on the IOS platform, although it looks like the latest version is working well.

Comment

• JASmith
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2014

Strelok Pro works great on my iOS machines!
                shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Dt219
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2020

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                    I use Ballistic AE, an iOS only app.
                    The thing I miss most about giving up my iPhone. Great app.
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• TexHill
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2019

Another vote for Ballistic Advanced Edition. Best money that I've ever spent.
                      When David met Goliath everyone else said, "He's too big to defeat". David said, "He's too big to miss!"

Comment

Working...
                      X