• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

9 for 9 on 16" at 750 yards

A couple of my old east coast college buddies who wouldn't know how to load and rack an AR-15 were giving me crap in a group text when I was at the range today, so I had to take a video to put them in there place. I got a little rambunctious at the end being in such a groove, but the last 3 were hits.

The joy of a virtually windless period!
    Let's go Brandon!
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Damn fine shooting!! You are making it look easy!

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Nice!
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

Thanks! The JP barrel and operating system are what makes it easy. Before the video I was working on the target with my 308 RPR. It got all hits too, but the target moved out of the sight picture on all of them. On one, the bipod even jumped off of the 2x6 that I need to get the 10 degrees of elevation. Luckily 175 grains hitting at 1750 fps makes quite the ring. But then there was the hassle of that bolt thingy....
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Fun shooting. I think a lot of people look at my posts about getting bored shooting my 12" poppers anywhere inside of 700yds, and think I'm over-selling this cartridge/rifle combo. Your video confirms that I'm not in Lala land.

When you compare it to .308 or even 6.5CM or .260 Remington, it's just so much easier to manage the sight picture with, as there isn't that much muzzle blast or recoil at all compared to the 40-45gr loads in anything based on -08.

This is even true for me with a little lightweight Lilja build using their Wasp profile 318 18" gun with no muzzle brake, which is crazy.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

With my rifles, life truly begins outside of 500 yards. I credit my 6.5's with allowing me the luxury of spotting my own hits which, in turn, helped me to improve my wind doping skills immensely.

While I first got interested in long range shooting with my 26" CZ550, it is the Grendels that get all the play time, any more.

Now, if only all you Cell Phone Videographers would just holding your phones horizontally!!! >cough< stonehendge >cough<
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• waccamawscout
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2016

You have convinced me on a 16" build. Should make for a great whitetail gun for under 300 yards.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Lol - NF that's the same comment I got via text from one of my NRA hating, Starbucks swilling, Prius driving buddies that prompted the vid. The phone was leaning against a shooting bag. It was either portrait or nothing! Funny thing is I was going to make the same comment to Kilco but bit my tongue......
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kilco
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2016

Lol!!! I'm guilty as well! Don't know why I'm always forget that..
                  At least we are in the same club Stonehendge!

Comment

• Burt Macklin
                    Unwashed
                    • Aug 2017

I know I'm too new to forum to start poking fun at other people, but I had to provide the following link. It's pretty funny if you haven't seen it before.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                      Lol!!! I'm guilty as well! Don't know why I'm always forget that..
                      At least we are in the same club Stonehendge!
                      Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                      Lol - NF that's the same comment I got via text from one of my NRA hating, Starbucks swilling, Prius driving buddies that prompted the vid. The phone was leaning against a shooting bag. It was either portrait or nothing! Funny thing is I was going to make the same comment to Kilco but bit my tongue......
                      Now don't tell me that a couple of erudites like yourselves couldn't find someone to hold the phones and video while you show us how it's done...
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

Lol my 2 and 3 year old sons make for some very unsteady footage.. but the commentary is quite comical..

If Sonehenge and I didn't live half the country away from each other then we would be able to help each other out! As it stands we would need one hell of a selfy stick..
                        Last edited by Kilco; 08-11-2017, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                          Now don't tell me that a couple of erudites like yourselves couldn't find someone to hold the phones and video while you show us how it's done...
                          Yeah, like that would help!

It's not like it would be that hard for Apple to either prompt you to hold your phone horizontally or even show a black screen when you put it in video mode vertically......
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                          X