• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Waynejessie
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

Hello from central N.C.

I'm new to the 6.5 and new to reloading. Just purchased a Howa heavy barrel and am looking forward to learning about the round as well as reloading.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Hello sir and welcome!

My old man has a 20" HB Howa mini Grendel, and it's one he'll of a sweet shooter. I was blown away with the quality of it as well. Great factory trigger and action.

Comment

• Waynejessie
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
      Hello sir and welcome!

My old man has a 20" HB Howa mini Grendel, and it's one he'll of a sweet shooter. I was blown away with the quality of it as well. Great factory trigger and action.
      I have had a heavy barreled .243 Howa for probably 8 years now. Bone stock and with factory loads no heavier than 80gr. It is pretty impressive. People who have never owned a Howa think it's just a bargain basement rifle comparable to other budget rifles. I'm excited to get started with it.

Comment

• waccamawscout
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2016

Glad to see another Carolina boy. I'm from the east side.

Comment

• Waynejessie
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by waccamawscout View Post
          Glad to see another Carolina boy. I'm from the east side.
          I'm in central NC but I'm @ Lejuene & Cherry Point a good bit.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Waynejessie!

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Waynejessie View Post
              I'm new to the 6.5 and new to reloading. Just purchased a Howa heavy barrel and am looking forward to learning about the round as well as reloading.
              Welcome aboard.

Several of us on the forum collaborated together, spent a few years getting industry support, permissions, gathered a ton of data, hashed out the chapters, wrote them, edited them, conducted a lot of testing, and published 2 Volumes for the 6.5 Grendel. I think you will find them most valuable when answering most of the questions we see commonly popping up over the years.

Feel free to ask anything and you will get some great responses from experienced members here, many of whom have been reloading for decades, with engineering, competitive, hunting, and layman backgrounds that we all have found very helpful.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Waynejessie
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Welcome aboard.

Several of us on the forum collaborated together, spent a few years getting industry support, permissions, gathered a ton of data, hashed out the chapters, wrote them, edited them, conducted a lot of testing, and published 2 Volumes for the 6.5 Grendel. I think you will find them most valuable when answering most of the questions we see commonly popping up over the years.

Feel free to ask anything and you will get some great responses from experienced members here, many of whom have been reloading for decades, with engineering, competitive, hunting, and layman backgrounds that we all have found very helpful.
                I for one do appreciate it too. I am as green as they come as far as reloading and the 6.5 Grendel round.

Comment

Working...
                X