• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joedirt199
    Warrior
    • Jul 2015

Lapua 120 scenar on sale at grafs

Just ordered a 1000 ct box for around $250 so should be set on bullets for a long time. Don't get to shoot as much as I did before my rugrat came along. Also ordered 500 wolf military 100 gr rounds to be pulled and used for fire forming a bunch of 7.62x39. Cheapest way to get powder and bullets in one.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

I actually really like that bullet for target. It's extremely accurate, does really well from 6.5 Grendel.

I had hundreds of them from PF that shot nicely. Good speed, great BC, doesn't intrude too much into the case, all-round excellent little 6.5 Grendel pill.

25 cents per is a great deal for such a high end bullet.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Sweet! They are the Scenar Ls. Just ordered a case for my 18er. She's been getting jealous since I've been feeding her overrun 123 NCCs while my JP 22er has been getting all of the 123 Scenars.

G7 is .246 - Not quite as good as 123 SMKs, Scenars or ELD-M's, but beats NCCs and AMAX.

Was $260 + $8 flat rate shipping. Plus they allow you to choose your shipper (and keep the USPS out of it!)
      Last edited by StoneHendge; 08-11-2017, 09:04 PM.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bobke
        Warrior
        • Dec 2015

31.6 CFE works at 2.26. Totally different ogive than 123 Scenar-best to check distance to lands in your barrel than making any assumptions. Very consistent weight and ogive, and Grafs does a superior job of packaging. All said-helluva deal.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Haven't tried the Scenars in my Grendel yet, but I've been testing the 136gr Scenar L in my 260 Rem bolt gun and man o man do those things SHOOT.

Comment

• 1911man
            Warrior
            • May 2015

Man, that is a smoking deal. I really dont want to buy 1000 of them though. Great deal for someone who uses those bullets.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
              Man, that is a smoking deal. I really dont want to buy 1000 of them though. Great deal for someone who uses those bullets.
              I wonder if you'd like to buy some of my box? Let me know, I was thinking the same thing as you are, but find myself unable to resist .26C/PER...
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Old Coach
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2017

I would be willing to buy 250 of the Scenars.
                Please PM with a price.
                Coach

Comment

• jackwagon
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2017

I would also be willing to take 250, if you have more you want to get rid of.

Comment

• 1911man
                    Warrior
                    • May 2015

Well there you go, thats the way to do it. There is always someone on the board to take the spares off your hands.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                      Chieftain
                      • Oct 2016

Shipped yesterday, arrived today. FedEx was the right choice I guess. Damn, a box of 1000 high BC OTM boat tails is a fun sight. Somehow, they just look sexy. The tipped pills look serious, these look like a well dressed date.
                      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• joedirt199
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2015

They are a shade longer than the hornady 123 amax but do look like they will be good shooters.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Has anyone else find these to be fast? Finally got around to some load workup with my 18er and got 2535 with an SD of 6 with 30.8 grains of CFE 223 and it put four inside 3/4" and a flyer (first shot) with the Magnetto strapped on (which is very loose on the fluted barrel). Didn't see pressure signs until 31.2. Conversely, my pet load with my JP 22er is the same 30.8 grains of CFE with a 123 Scenar at 2560. The 18er did factory Amax at 2440. Given that, I've been more than happy doing 2450 with 123 Scenars, but the extra 85 fps more than makes up for the reduced BC - the 123s velocity catches up at about 850.
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                          X