X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

JP Enterprises bolt, LMOS carrier and silent capture spring. It's like buttah!
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2017

Also looking into an jp or Asa upper, but they seem to be left hand charge?

Comment

• js8588
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
        JP Enterprises bolt, LMOS carrier and silent capture spring. It's like buttah!
        If you go with a standard upper, this would be a fun setup for sure. With a side charger, the silent capture spring would be awesome. I cheaped out and bought a standard rifle buffer and chrome silicon spring because tuning a load to the JP system is beyond my expertise level for now. Some day...

Comment

• js8588
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Shorthairedtornado View Post
          Also looking into an jp or Asa upper, but they seem to be left hand charge?
          Left side, not necessarily left hand. Sounds like you're like me and are used to the charging setup on every other rifle system out there... (SCAR, M1A, 10/22, M1 carbine, Garand etc).

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2017

Available in side charge?

Comment

• js8588
              Warrior
              • Jul 2017

Available in side charge?
              Your options there are:
              Young Mfg.
              Bear Creek
              Eisenach Arms
              CMT
              Mega
              Lantac
              For reciprocating right side.

ASA and JP are left side non reciprocating. Some people prefer that setup.

Bear Creek and Eisenach also offer left side reciprocating.

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2017

Who do you think makes the highest quality? Any benefits to the left side charge? My girlfriend is left handed so that maybe better for her if she wants to shoot it...

Comment

• Kilco
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2016

Holy smokes.. based on your parts list I'm really excited to see this build come to life!

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
                    Unwashed
                    • Aug 2017

Let's hope it's the Ferrari of Grendel's

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

How do I post a pic? I have a pic of the hand guard and would love to get some opinions

How to post pictures
                      1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box.

2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box.

3. In the new window that opens up click the "Add Files" box, and when that pops up another little window click the "Select Files" box. Go find the file(s) on your computer, click on them, and choose "Open." You should see your file(s) in the little window so click "Upload Files."

4. This brings you back to the main File Upload Manager window, and your file(s) should appear down in the Attachments area. Click "Done."

5. This brings you back to the "Additional Options" section and you should see your image file(s) under the "Manage Attachments" box. You can now either "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post."

Note: Make sure your picture is a standard picture file format is not sized too big.

If you use an image hosting site like image shack, Flickr or other site put a link in your narrative to the url image link. I used Photobucket for many years till they blocked everyones linked photos and are now charging a high fee to post on forums.
                      Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-12-2017, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• js8588
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2017

Who do you think makes the highest quality? Any benefits to the left side charge? My girlfriend is left handed so that maybe better for her if she wants to shoot it...
                        Most of the side chargers also have slots in the back for a rear charging handle so if your girlfriend prefers left hand charging, she can used that. I have Geissele Super Ambi charging handles in 3 of my builds (and one in my Barrett REC7 DMR) and I really like the peace of mind the side and rear charge setup redundancy affords.

The Mega is the "nicest", but it doesn't work with all handguards and fits undesirably tight with most lowers (I have it paired with a Seekins SBA15).

If you want to order it now, get the Eisenach. If you can wait, get the CMT. The Lantac is great, but you want to save weight.

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
                          Unwashed
                          • Aug 2017

The manage attachments part doesn't come up for me?

Comment

• Lastrites
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                            How to post pictures
                            1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box.

2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box.

3. In the new window that opens up click the "Add Files" box, and when that pops up another little window click the "Select Files" box. Go find the file(s) on your computer, click on them, and choose "Open." You should see your file(s) in the little window so click "Upload Files."

4. This brings you back to the main File Upload Manager window, and your file(s) should appear down in the Attachments area. Click "Done."

5. This brings you back to the "Additional Options" section and you should see your image file(s) under the "Manage Attachments" box. You can now either "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post."

Note: Make sure your picture is a standard picture file format is not sized too big.

If you use an image hosting site like image shack, Flickr or other site put a link in your narrative to the url image link. I used Photobucket for many years till they blocked everyones linked photos and are now charging a high fee to post on forums.
                            Since Photobucket went to the dark side I've been using Imgur. Start an account at IMGUR, simply drop into your photo's on the home page and they load. From there on the right side are a couple of options and select the one for message boards and it will light up green and you copy it. Then simply copy it to your post.
                            Last edited by Lastrites; 08-12-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
                              Unwashed
                              • Aug 2017

I shall make one today. The handguard is a Christensen arms carbon fiber.

Comment

• Shorthairedtornado
                                Unwashed
                                • Aug 2017

Strongly considering buying the larue,..

Comment

Working...
                                X