• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FloridaGuy
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Nikon Black 1000 6X24X50SF

Looking at putting a scope on a new 6.5 Grendel rifle. My local shop just got in a batch of Nikon Black 1000 6X24X50SF. The price they quoted me on it was $525.00. Would this be a good scope on a rifle with a 24" barrel? The gun will mostly be shot out to 100yards and beyond.
    sigpicUSCCA Certified Firearms Instructor.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

My father has been using a non illuminated 4-16x50 Nikon Black he picked up, and I have to admit I was very impressed with this scope.

Glass is very very clear, even at max magnification. Lots of eye relief. Turrets are well marked with very positive clicks. Reticle was also very useful with hash marks every 2 Moa, nice clear lines, and wasn't too cluttered.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

We had a Nikon Tactical ocular piece come loose on one forum member's Grendel.

That's typical of some of the lower tier Asian QC, not what I expect from Japan.

I'm not sure Nikon has taken AR15 abuse into consideration for that model if it's not one of their AR-specific scopes.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• koden
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

I bought an X1000 4-16X50 X-MRAD yesterday and mounted it with a Nikon Black 20moa mount. 25 mils of travel on both turrets. Going to try taking my 18" grendel out to 1K next month. I hope to get it to the range either this weekend or next.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

This Nikon Black looks, feels and functions unlike any other Nikon I've handled before. Unless you get behind one it's hard to imagen.

Rifle is looking awesome and I'm anxious to hear about how you make out.

Here is a guy taking a 16" MDT 308 out to 1200 yards using a Nikon Black.

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

I like my Nikon X1000 black 4-16x50 non illuminated scope.Good clarity, great eye relief and tracks well.Basic scope with no extra features but ,much better than I expected at that price point.
            If I had discovered the Nikon black before I got my 4-14x56 Nightforce,I wouldn’t have gotten the Nightforce.Not saying the Nikon black is better.But,it is does everything my Nightforce can do at less than half the price.Definitely good enough for shooting 18” steel out to 850 yrds consistently with my 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• koden
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2014

I really like the scope. My son and I rang steel at 1350 yards using a 20moa mount and the Nikon black 4-16 on my 18" 264LBC.
              Last edited by koden; 06-27-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X