• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandstorm
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2016

X-caliber barrels

I just placed an order for a 20 inch X-Caliber barrel.
    They have told me they use JGS reamers and its a SAAMI chamber.
    Anyone ever use them or have any experience with X-Caliber out of Montana.
    Read some of the revues and sounded good to me.
    Its for a new build im planing down the road, got a 16 inch fluted AA barrel and I really like the way it shoots..I mean I really like it.
    I was hitting steel out to 500 without trying, fist shot...blew me away. Too much fun. ( therefore the new build.)
    Hoping this will be half as good..No as good would be better.
    Anyways I never post...just read a lot..so here goes.
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

there are some on here that have used them, did you do a search?
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Most reviews are very good with x-caliber across the board with many different cartridges. I like the JGS reamer better than the PTG based on reviews, and you can't go wrong with SAAMI spec.

I think you will be very pleased.

Comment

• Sandstorm
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2016

Thanks for the feedback..appreciated.
        Ill let you know when I get it..couple months probly.
        Ill do a search here as well..Thanks again.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

I have seen great reviews on them across the board, but can't recall having seen anyone post pictures of groups here. So please be sure to post pics when it's done!
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Last Feb. I put a X-C 6.5 Creedmoor barrel on my Savage 12 LPV. Easily a MOA barrel, with 376 rounds down the tube I'd call it a 3/4 MOA barrel. With more load development I think I can get it to 1/2. Working on it. Also, have on order a Grendel barrel for a current build. Was told it's a SAAMI chamber otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it. Lead time with fluting is 9-11 wks, we'll see how good they are on delivery.
            Last edited by 65Whelen; 08-14-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• 65Whelen
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Out shooting yesterday. Everything shot at 200 yards.

Creedmoor load development for Nosler 123 CC & 130 AB. Both averaged under an MOA with X-Caliber barrel.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Sandstorm
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2016

That's real nice for 200yds 65Whelen. Hope mine shoots as well.
                As for delivery im hearing 8 weeks and out.
                Im really diggin the caliber and what it capable of...and looking forward to taking it out.

Comment

• Sandstorm
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2016

I will post pics when I get it to let you know..

Comment

• jonny rotton
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

i recently built a new grendel with a 16" x-caliber barrel. recently i had a family competition with my three sons. we each shot 3 groups at 200 yards with the same rifle and hornady black ammo. my oldest son who had not shot a rifle for twenty years or so, two of his groups were 1". two of mine were sub minute too. the rifle shoots!!!!!

Comment

• rockslut
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2016

So far so good with my x-caliber 20'' still early though. I have about 30 rounds through it. first ten were "break in shots" not so worried about accuracy. i broke it in with hornady sst. Was not real impressed but like i said prob was not doing my part. i went to the range last week with 2 different hornady loads. the sst and the black eld match. I shot 4 round groups at 100 yards just a little wind mostly from my back. I started with the sst and once again it was not very impressive. Not going to lie i was a bit worried. Then i shot the black eld and started to see the potential with sub MOA groups. I feel a lot better about my barrel purchase after the eld's went down range. Now to start some load development. Ill try to post a pick of the target, sst on the left and eld on the right. Bottom right was a 3 and a 4 round group. The only difference was how i was grasping the gun. This is my first ar build and first shots with a ar. I have been shooting bolt guns all my life. I still feel a little bit clumsy with the ar platform.

Last edited by rockslut; 08-19-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Sandstorm
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2016

Got my X-Caliber barrel today...real impressed with the cosmetics so far. Dont know how
                        to post pic's now that photobucket is gone...gone south.
                        Ill figure something out fellas, and let you know hew it shoots once I get it put together.
                        Going to be some time before all my parts are here, and need to order some more stuff as well.
                        I got the pepper pot brake for the barrel and it flows or melts right into the barrel. Sweet looking barrel,
                        just hope it shoots well too. It arrived just shy of 5 weeks....

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

You don't have to go through a web hosting site to post photos on this forum. You can upload your photo directly from your computer or mobile device through managing your attactments when you post your reply. Here is a link to the instuctions for posting pictures. Really not to hard once you do this a couple of times.

1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box. 2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box. 3. In the new window that opens up click the

Comment

• Sandstorm
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2016

Thanks Vascar2....great to know. I will post some pics soon.

Comment

• bj139
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2017

Do you have Microsoft Windows? If so I can tell you how to resize.
                              Download this and install. http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/
                              Open an explorer window by clicking the start button in the lower left corner and type explorer in the search box. Choose Windows Explorer. It will open and displays the files and folders on your computer. Most user files are stored in a folder called My Documents. Photos are stored in a folder called My Pictures unless you stored them somewhere else. Double click on each folder to get to a lower level folder. When you get to a picture file, right mouse click on the file. A box will open and near the middle is a command called Resize Pictures. Choose this and wait. It takes a while on my computer for the Image Resizer for Windows screen to open on my computer. Click Medium and hit the Resize button. Only do the files you want to upload since it takes maybe 10 seconds per file. It will create a new file with the same name but with (Medium) added to the file name.
                              Last edited by bj139; 11-07-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X