• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UpstateArcher
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Sanders Armory 6.5 upper Ammo / accuracy

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to forum so I apologize in advance if this is a redundant post but would greatly appreciate some input. I have a 18" stainless fluted 6.5 Grendel upper ther was purchased from sanders armory that I can't seem to get to hold good groups. I've been through two scopes that properly installed and torqued. I've tried hornady sst, wolf 100 grain and American eagle 120 hollow points. Initially it seemed like every brand shot a couple of decent rounds and by the end of a 3 or 5 shot group ide always be around the 4-5" mark. I've tried shooting with and without he muzzle brake which seemed to have no effect. All shots are taken from steady sand bags I which I can always keep sub moa groups with numerous other rifles. The only thing I've done to the rifle was polished the feed ramps in effort to smooth things out which had little to effect as well. I'm sure I'm leaving out some possible important info but let's start with that and see what you guys think. I'm just looking for a factory hunting load that I can be confident will hold a 3" group at 200 yards for hunting deer. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

So quick back story. Spent over a year collecting quality parts. Assembled them all about 2-3 months ago. Went to the range and accuracy sucked. 8" groups of complete randomness at 50 yards. I was extremely disappointed. Several YouTube videos, lots of research here, and more tools ordered. On Monday I took the

Comment

• jackwagon
      Warrior
      • Jul 2017

I got the Sanders Armory side charging upper a few months ago and I had that same issue with the hornady sst The hornady black, fed fusion and wolf steel all shot consistently. I also had on a carbine stock and buffer tube assembly that caused a few issues, but after changing to an a2 stock setup I have been very happy with it. I think I would contact Sanders first and tell them what's happening.

Comment

• UpstateArcher
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2017

I spoke with the owner of sanders armory who was very accommodating and actually replaced the first upper he sent me which was having these same results. The second one now has been shot on multiple lowers with multiple different mags and have the exact same results. He claimed my first one that he replaced shot "fine" which I just don't believe. I actually took it to the range today again and it still shot 4-5" groups with everything except this time federal 120 open tip match actually kept a 1.5" 5 shot group. This is a step in the right direction however I don't think this ammo would be good for deer. I'm going to buy some fusion ammo and try that also.

Comment

Working...
        X