• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i303
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

LaRue Tactical 18" 6.5 Grendel

Just got the Ultimate Kit in FDE last Wednesday . Very impressed. Had the upper assembled within the hour. Picked up an Aero Precision lower in FDE from a local vendor for $65. Didn't even wait to leave the parking lot and put it together right there in the cab of my truck. Don't ask what I used for tools.

Anyways, took it out yesterday in the heat and humidity due to recent storms.put 40 rds of 123 gr ELD for scope sight in and break in. Even let the 9 year old jr shoot it. Highly impressed! My grouping wasn't the best but I was shooting in field conditions. No bench or bags and mirage effect was heavy. Had the Harris bipod attached. When I get the chance I'll do the bench. I achieved 1.25 " groups.

Had a good time irregardless of the high heat index. Son also put 120 rds through the M4 carbine. He can shoot very well.

One thing is the LT upper will not mach up with the lower for fit, has a tad different shade, and the AP coating is thin as it already has paint wear from being shotgunned and charging handle wear more than normal. That's the only thing and has zero effect on performance. Used the 6.8 mags I still have planing for a 6.8 tha never happened. It took 5 rounds and experienced no jams and bolt did lock back. I have a. Bushnell Elite 3200 3x10 that I got with another rifle and had on hand. Looking at a different scope and need E lander mags.

I also plan to reload hence why i bought match ammo. Easy to shoot, recoil was light, and rounds went right where i wanted them.

Very happy with this rifle and round.

Let's see how I attach pics here. Stand by.
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Lol I'd like a video of the truck assembly!

Larue stuff is top tier. Looking forward to some pictures!

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Originally posted by i303 View Post
      Just got the Ultimate Kit in FDE last Wednesday . Very impressed. Had the upper assembled within the hour. Picked up an Aero Precision lower in FDE from a local vendor for $65. Didn't even wait to leave the parking lot and put it together right there in the cab of my truck. Don't ask what I used for tools.

Anyways, took it out yesterday in the heat and humidity due to recent storms.put 40 rds of 123 gr ELD for scope sight in and break in. Even let the 9 year old jr shoot it. Highly impressed! My grouping wasn't the best but I was shooting in field conditions. No bench or bags and mirage effect was heavy. Had the Harris bipod attached. When I get the chance I'll do the bench. I achieved 1.25 " groups.

Had a good time irregardless of the high heat index. Son also put 120 rds through the M4 carbine. He can shoot very well.

One thing is the LT upper will not mach up with the lower for fit, has a tad different shade, and the AP coating is thin as it already has paint wear from being shotgunned and charging handle wear more than normal. That's the only thing and has zero effect on performance. Used the 6.8 mags I still have planing for a 6.8 tha never happened. It took 5 rounds and experienced no jams and bolt did lock back. I have a. Bushnell Elite 3200 3x10 that I got with another rifle and had on hand. Looking at a different scope and need E lander mags.

I also plan to reload hence why i bought match ammo. Easy to shoot, recoil was light, and rounds went right where i wanted them.

Very happy with this rifle and round.

Let's see how I attach pics here. Stand by.
      Very cool, I had a similar experience as you did with mine not matching up to any of the lowers I had fit wise and color wise. Also, the paint is already rubbing off, I regret paying the extra $100 for the FDE but other than that the upper is awesome.

Comment

Working...
      X