• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1911man
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Just measured 123 ELD distance to lands in my LaRue

As the title describes I measured the distance to the lands with the 123 ELD in my LaRue barrel yesterday and it came out to 2.300". Anyone else measured theirs with this bullet? Makes me wonder if I should start loading around .020 off which is where my ELDs seem to like it in my bolt guns.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

If your mags can allow it and you don't end up pulling bullets after chambering with BCG inertia, go for it.

Work your ladder up with that COL though to see if it spikes on you any. I get higher mv with longer COL with the same charge weights.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      If your mags can allow it and you don't end up pulling bullets after chambering with BCG inertia, go for it.

Work your ladder up with that COL though to see if it spikes on you any. I get higher mv with longer COL with the same charge weights.
      That is what I am hoping for, higher velocity if I am loading longer. I need to see if my mags will accommodate .

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Following.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

I had a similar jump in my Odin Works barrel. However they shoot the light out at 2.255 so I never messed with it any further. I have solid data for the current loads, and once I find something thay works I'm hard pressed to try anything else.

Comment

• 1911man
            Warrior
            • May 2015

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
            I had a similar jump in my Odin Works barrel. However they shoot the light out at 2.255 so I never messed with it any further. I have solid data for the current loads, and once I find something thay works I'm hard pressed to try anything else.
            Crazy thing is almost all of the chambers on my other barrels are way too long to ever have a chance to touch the lands so I havent worried too much about it. This chamber makes it to where I could feasibly land in that .020-.040 jump range that my other calibers have liked in the ELD bullets. I am definitely going to do some load work up on it. I have found 2.255-2.260 to work fine in my other barrels though so I dont really care where the sweet spot is as long as I find it.

Comment

Working...
            X