Hello there from Georgia....or as we say here Jaw-ja......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Draconis
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2017

Hello there from Georgia....or as we say here Jaw-ja......

....New to the Grendel, not so new to the AR or reloading....Another refugee from the great LaRue Tactical Ultimate Upper sale which gave me no excuses for not finally getting into the 6.5 Grendel world....

....Before I hit the purchase submit button, I spent quite a bit of time online researching the caliber, seeing what it was capable of and finding out more of the history and background on it....Not surprising that almost any search I put in on the Grendel, a link to this site came up covering it, so I spent a good bit of time lurking here, studying up....

....I'll try to fit in with the horde the best I can....as long as an occasional 'ya'll' won't get me kicked to the curb.....

...Seriously, I do want to say thank you to all of the horde that seem very open and welcoming to 'newbies' and old hands alike.....There's a lot of good information here for anyone interested.....
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Pull you uppa chair and sitcha down 'ner 'n relax. Lemme go gitch ya sweet tea, I think it's done sunn'in in the kitchen. Sit down, stay a while!
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Welcome sir!! Oodles and oodles of info here.

You picked a very sweet setup for your first Grendel!! Really looking forward to a range report and some pictures!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Draconis!

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas!

Comment

• Draconis
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
            Pull you uppa chair and sitcha down 'ner 'n relax. Lemme go gitch ya sweet tea, I think it's done sunn'in in the kitchen. Sit down, stay a while!
            .....You say 'sweet tea' like there's any other kind....
            ...Thanks for the welcome...

Comment

• Draconis
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
              Welcome sir!! Oodles and oodles of info here.

You picked a very sweet setup for your first Grendel!! Really looking forward to a range report and some pictures!
              ....Yep, I agree...This may be my first Grendel, but it's not my first LT.....I've been interested in the 6.5 flavor but never really got deep into it until it was offered by them....The more I read about it, the more I like what I read....

....Trying to get to the range this weekend to see what the black G will do....Hope to have some good groups and some good pics to show off...

..Thanks for the welcome....

Comment

• Draconis
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                Welcome to the forum Draconis!
                ...Thank you Sir.....

Comment

• Draconis
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                  Welcome to the Clan from the Great Nation of Texas!
                  ....Thank you for the welcome from the ROT....

Comment

• wheelguner
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2011

Welcome to the Horde! I am in Walton County just outside of the Monroe City Limits. All of my centerfires are 6.5 except for the .204 Ruger. I shoot the Grendel, 6.5x55 and 260 Remington.

Comment

• 41bear
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2017

Welcome fellow Georgian from the marsh lands of Savannah, home of low country boil and boiled peanuts, fine as wine in the hot summertime!
                      "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• Unclered
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2016

welcome from the great white north. GO BLUE
                        "It's a long shot with a limb in the way but it beats suckin' pond water"- Jed Clampit 1964

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                          Chieftain
                          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Draconis View Post
                          .....You say 'sweet tea' like there's any other kind....
                          ...Thanks for the welcome...
                          Did it give me away? Ha, yea I can't make the south come out like Grandma did. I enjoyed thinking of her again after your "Jaw-ja" reference.
                          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Likethelooks
                            Unwashed
                            • Jun 2017

Welcome sir from a fellow GAian.

Comment

• newb
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Draconis View Post
                              ....Yep, I agree...This may be my first Grendel, but it's not my first LT.....I've been interested in the 6.5 flavor but never really got deep into it until it was offered by them....The more I read about it, the more I like what I read....

....Trying to get to the range this weekend to see what the black G will do....Hope to have some good groups and some good pics to show off...

..Thanks for the welcome....
                              Welcome.

I think you will really like the round. Dial in the loads the rifle likes any it will impress.

I have a buddy who only liked rifles with "wood". I showed him there were wood parts avail for the AR and he still didn't look twice. I visited his parts and we went to the range. Once he sent some lead down rage and nailing the steel at distance easier than he ever had before he sure was VERY inquisitive...

Comment

Working...
                              X