• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

The worm has turned for me

Just got access and permission to reduce a major hog problem near Richland Chambers Reservoir. Happily I have several rifles ready, one a 308 with a Photon XT on it sighted in and ready to go along with my 6.5 Grendel to use the old way, Red lights and scope with a heavy duplex crosshairs. Apparently looking at the damage to the golf course, the shoreline and even the tarred road in these hogs will tear up anything! Going out there Sunday to set out a trap, some hog toys and bait a few spots to sneak up on. Might even put up a feeder or two. Have to take the owner out the first time, hope luck works for us. He says we will see hogs in the daytime guaranteed! He doesn't know me though, hogs only present themselves to me after dark. Will be running the altered Wolf steel cased ammo with the 129 grain Hornady SP. The 308 will be loaded with a 150 grain Hornady SST pushed to a mild 2300 fps.
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Sounds like you will have some fun! Need some help?

Comment

• rickt300
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Well it looks like a Home Owners Association is behind all this. Nothing good ever comes from HOA's!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Are you altering the Wolf to help sound suppression?
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• rickt300
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Running a minimum load to reduce flash and sound but mostly to use cases that are expendable. The HOA introduction was twilite zone stuff! The snivel here is generally you have 18 or so really rich people in really nice homes upset about the hogs messing with their unfriendly competition which is of course who has the nicest grass in their yard. They have engaged in a feral hog education plan on hog traps making that aspect much tougher. There are a lot of deer, and about 3 property owners that want to continue training hogs how to avoid traps and don't want our help. At any rate we have access to most of the property and there are safe directions to shoot.

Comment

Working...
          X