• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joedirt199
    Warrior
    • Jul 2015

Weaver grand slam tactical 3-10 moved from midway to natchezss

If anyone was looking for a nice little sfp hunting 1" scope made in japan with mildot reticle and matching 5 mil resetable turrets, it has moved from midwayusa to nathezss. I have 2 of these and they are great little scopes with good glass and okay turrets. Not very tactile but they are accurate. I made mine feel better by adding good slick grease on all orings under the knobs. Midway exclusively sold them for $399 regular price and would put them on sale at $299. Natchezss is selling them for $250. Good little scope to get your feet in the door learning mildots.

Last edited by joedirt199; 08-19-2017, 01:42 PM.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Have you done any tracking tests to show it is repeatable?

Comment

• howl
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

Yes, they are good to go. The tubes aren't "tactical" thick, though, so be correct in torquing the rings down. You can defeat erectors if you put the tube in a bind.

Comment

• joedirt199
        Warrior
        • Jul 2015

I did one with it mounted on a 223 and it tracked well. Didn't write down my results as that day was more for load testing and making sure scopes were level. Harder to get out shooting lately as I gave up my range membership and have a 1.5 year old needing me more.

Did a tall target test with 10 mils of elevation and it hit right where the zero and high were marked.
        Last edited by joedirt199; 08-19-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Brett
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2017

Just looked at it in the link to Natchez. They are showing it at $239.99, even better price! I have not handled this exact scope, but I have a few other Weaver scopes and am very impressed with the glass for the money.

Comment

• 1911man
            Warrior
            • May 2015

This would be a really great scope for someone building a light weight hunter or plinker. 3x is great great for close shots and 10x is fine for hitting steel at even a 1000 if you know how to use it. It is a 1inch tube so not as much light and probably not as much elevation adjustment but for the price your not expecting a match level scope.

Comment

• joedirt199
              Warrior
              • Jul 2015

These just went on sale $199

Comment

• 1911man
                Warrior
                • May 2015

Man, if I hadnt just dropped some cash on an Optic for my LaRue set up I would snag one of these for my 16" AA light rifle.

Comment

• jdelong
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2017

i picked one up to run on a 16" 5.56. Just mounted, have not sited in, but glass seems pretty good for $220. I put in a lightweight Aero mount; won't be going out beyond 500Y with it. Unless it breaks when I start shooting, I am pretty impressed with the glass, turrets feel OK.

Comment

• sreyemj
                    Unwashed
                    • Sep 2017

I've had good luck with the new Weaver Grand Slam's. The 5-20x50 is side focus and tracks well so far: https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-gra...tte-black.html

Comment

• Calfed
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2018

Just picked up three of these scopes...they are down to $171 with the 10% site-wide discount.

Comment

Working...
                      X