• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
    nor do I wish to pay AA $17.51 shipping for a $20 extractor that weighs less than a 223 projectile.
    ROFFEL Agreed. I think they put their orders in a box or boxes at the end of the day, then fly them via F18 to the nearest Post. They have to pay for the fuel, maintenance, pilot, etc....

Why not get the JP and keep it and the bolt as a spare?
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
      ROFFEL Agreed. I think they put their orders in a box or boxes at the end of the day, then fly them via F18 to the nearest Post. They have to pay for the fuel, maintenance, pilot, etc....

Why not get the JP and keep it and the bolt as a spare?
      I could order a JP extractor for $60 plus shipping, or then again I could just get an entire JP bolt from Primary for $140 shipped, use the extractor and order an 18" light profile MLGS fluted, cryo'd and nitrided X-Caliber Barrel that would be headspaced to the JP bolt. Or then again I could order a Maxim bolt for $80, use the extractor and order a Lilja 18er that would be headspaced to the bolt (my monolithic upper restricts me to an MLGS). Either way, I've got a bucket of 250-300 MOAish plinking handloads that probably won't chamber in another barrel that I'd need to use up. I'm leaning towards the X-Caliber because the barrel needs to be black (the scope has slimmed down, but its still a Bushnell Elite Tactical in that FDE)

image.jpeg

Then again, it would be damn easy if I could just get a little piece of metal for $20!
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

HA! $21.94 shipped from a place called Black Rifle Arms
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

Whelp, there you go! I knew I could help out. ;P

Good Google-fu sensei.
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I called Alexander Arms a couple years ago and they agreed to ship my two extractors cheaper. At the time the Rep told me a way to get reduced shipping price on the web site. I couldn't get the reduced shipping method to work online so the Rep took my order info over the phone. I received my two AA extractors within a few days and if I remember correctly they shipped them USPS.

It might be worth calling AA when placing small orders. Some smaller vendors web store are not as sophisticated as large retailers like Midway or Brownell's.
            Last edited by VASCAR2; 09-06-2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Or- here's an idea. If you're going to make a living selling things on line, set up an accurate shipping cost estimation ladder using size/weight data on your items. Then, you don't lose customer dollars to lesser known business owners who are willing to. I've got nothing against AA, except their shipping costs. Which is why their website has become one of the last places I look for gear.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

^ I agree and that is exactly why I haven't ordered a couple thread protectors I need.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

I even got a tracking # this morning for my $3.95 shipping! Don't want to pile onto AA but the "Please note that our website is not currently capable of showing inventory stock status" is an anachronism. Especially in this day and age where there are multiple sites where I know something will be on my doorstep in 2 days from ordering.

Funny thing is I went to what had to be a dozen websites to look for the extractor and searched "Grendel extractor" on the sites to no avail. Then I decided to google "grendel extractor" and these guys where in the middle of,the first page - below AA and Spinta (out of stock), but actually above JP.
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                  X